Hello, I am in the process of having a lhd TR4 rebuilt for use as my daily transport and some historic rallying when I move to France later this year. As the car is at the painted chassis and body stage I wondered if any members had any advice on 'essential mods/accessories' they would recomend or 'bits to do while it's in bits' options.

I would like to keep the car as original as possible, but recognise that there can always be sympathetic improvements made for modern use.

Any help comments would be welcome.

convert to alternator = neg earth.

put on high power starter motor.

thin belt pulley conversion and electric fan - remove the original.

fit a sealed cooling system bottle - if you havn't got one already.

extractor exhaust manifold and stainless exhaust system

all the above are 'bolt ons' that require no major mods and as long as you keep the original bits you can always put them back.

have fun

pete

Is the car a UK registered or other european registered vehicle ? If so you can re register it in France fairly easily. If it has US papers I would suggest not making any too obvoius modifications until it is French registered. It is not as easy to get a car registered here as it is in the UK. To register a non EU vehicle in france you may need a single type approval ( a non EU car is any car that has non EU ownership papers even if it was made in the EU!). Even as it is you will need an attestation de cemformite ( available from MG Rover France) to register the car here.

I can give you more info if you want, please drop me an email

Cheers

Alan