B post seat belt anchor

Can anyone give me the dimension from the floor to the centre of the seat belt anchor eyebolt on the B post . Corrosion means both B posts need replacement and the seat belt anchors have been professionally? repaired in the past at different heights. Your help will give my motivation a boost. Thanks

Hi Dave,

I have a copy of a Triumph Service Bulletin which provides mounting positions, etc.

It is dated 9th Feb 1962 and has details for the TR2, TR3, TR3A, TR4 and Herald.

I cannot think that it would be different for the TR4A.

Send me a P.M. with your e-mail address and I can forward a PDF.

Regards, Richard

You can buy the bottom seat belt anchorage reinforcer. (yes TR4A-6 is essentially the same as the inner shell was the Micho tub re-skinned)

621328 and 621329 are a sort of Z shaped thing that reinforces the back of the B post to the Inner rear wing lower area.

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=2395#50

Item 50 on the drawing

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

TR4/4A "B" post seat belt lower mounting plates part numbers 615968/615969 are not the same as TR5/6 ones part numbers 621328/631329 and fit totally differently into the lower "B" post/rear arch section.

Stuart.