TR2 Rear Trim Panel Dimensions.

When my car was re-trimmed the trimmer decided that rather than copy the rear trim panel (for the front of the petrol tank) that I'd given him, he's invent his own design.

This had a flat top supported off the petrol tanks by blocks of wood, even though the clips were available to him. That meant that the hood sticks did not fold down...

I've now removed the blocks of wood, cleaned up the top of my brand new aluminium petrol tank and sat the trim lower. Unfortunately, it is totally the wrong shape.

A bigger "unfortunately" is that he saw fit not to return my original panel to me.

I think I can cut the correct shape out of the panel he has made, I'm hopeful I can get the vinyl off it to make this possible, and re-use it... but, without the original correctly shaped panel to guide me I need some photos and dimensions of one to help.

Can anyone help please?

I'd put a photo here of the correctly shaped panel, but apparently, according to the forum: "You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments".

Clive,

"You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments".

Resize previous attached photos downwards to free up space, or remove them . . . or utilise a photo hosting service and avoid the problems . . . .

Sounds like your trimmer needs a visit from the clog party, a good kicking might concentrate his mind ?

Cheers

Alec

Hi Clive,

I have taken photos and measurements as advised so if you want them you need to supply an email address as per my PM request.

rgds

Rod

Rod, please use [removed] . Greatly appreciated.

I have received a lot of useful help with every question I've asked recently after a long absence from the forum. Thank you one and all!

Edited by clive

Email address is my work one and on website, literature etc. etc. That's why I used that one rather than my personal one... but will do.

Well, I've managed to find a very very (read as identical) match for the discontinued vinyl used to re-trim my TR. I've ordered a couple of meters of it, which is more than I'll need, plus I think some of the vinyl on the rear panel will be salvageable as well... Should cover any future disasters... Thank's to Rod (Rodbr) I now have a lot of dimensions of an original panel and will be able to fabricate one to match with relative ease... he says...

Can't believe a so called professional that came recommended made such a balls up of a job during the re-trim when he had my original panel to copy off as well!