Bonnet and boot badge placement.

Hi All

I now have sourced both bonnet and boot for my TR5, but as they both came from tr4's or 4a's I will need to fill holes and make new ones for the various badges. Does anyone have any information on the exact and correct location for both bonnet and boot.

Many thanks

Tim

Hi Tim

I have original bonnet and boot for my 5, but the shell is being painted and won't be back for about a month.

Both panels have no repairs so the badge positions will be spot on. If you're not in a rush I can send you stencils.

Pm me in a month if you've not managed it.

Mike

Hi Tim

Sorry wasn't completely clear. The bonnet is the original from the car, but the boot whilst not a TR4 boot is an original TR250 boot from America.

The boot is mint and has never been repaired along the bottom edge where they all seem to go and the badge holes are the same as the TR5.

The only spare panel I have is a NOS Stanpart right hand side rear inner wing still with the Stanpart sticker on.

Mike

Hi Tim, I have sent a pm, if you are up my way, maybe you can make a template or some kind of a marking.like we used to do with a coin,some paper and a pencil.

Who Knows !

Cheers,

Conrad.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

I'm nearing the end of the restoration of my Triumph TR5 and come to the point where I need to drill holes in my new boot lid to fix the badges before the final painting … but where? :unsure:

Has anyone found a solution for this? (template, reference picture, ...)

Thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Renaud

Not wanting to rain on the party here, I believe the 4A and 4 bonnets have several variances from the 5/250 ones. For example, the underside pressing for the latter has cutouts for the badge tangs. The 4 bonnets have quite a different bracing scheme which is immediately evident upon comparison, and of course they don't have the sockets for the rubber bumper cones. I can't speak to the 4A's differences.

For nutcases the only acceptable solution is to transfer the skin to an original undercarriage - provided it has the later bulge <_< . Of course these are usually where the worst rust is found :( .

Tom

Tim i have an unused stanpart bonnet TR5 with the badge holes in it that you could check.

Near Chelmsford essex if any help. Boot lid on my 5 may be of help but the rear wings trouble me as i have seen several variations of spacings on these and would like a definitive answer on this myself.

ROY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks Alan, these pictures look nice.

Mike was kind enough to make nice templates for me for the boot and rear wing badges so my holes are nearly all drilled but I will check if the info on your pics matches...

For everyone info, I keep Mike's templates (TR5/250 boot & rear wing) preciously in case some one else is interested ...

Cheers,

Renaud

• 7 years later...

Hi, Can anyone help with the template for TR5 rear boot badges and rear marker side lights, just recently purchased a TR5 and boot badges are clearly in the wrong place and I want to correct them 

Many thanks Dave