First TR drive of the year

Woke to a lovely sunny Sunday, just the day to go for a 50 mile run in the Shropshire Hills, after a busy morning lugging firewood out of the wood with the Quad bike, a quick bite to eat, I pulled TR2 out of the garage and we set off, fingers crossed that the 3 month lay up would not reveal any gremlins!!

After about 3 miles we reached the A49 and headed north the temperature was up to normal, about halfway up the Ludlow bypass there was a strong hot smell, I thought bugger here we go!! I needn't have worried the Citroen Berlingo we were following pulled over and expired!!

We crossed Ludlow Racecourse and headed up the Corvedale and climbed through Siefton along narrow lanes to the Southern tip of Wenlock edge, she was going like a clock revving freely to 6K in the lower gears when the road was clear, the heater blower was set to flat out, we looked at one another and smiled, what a gorgeous day after all the rain in the past months!!

The sunshine on the hills was breathtaking, we smiled all the way, called at Stokesay castle for a coffee, bugger! too late cafe was closing, bought some marmite flavoured biscuits instead!! So it was back home for a coffee.

There was no misfiring or stale petrol symptoms the exhaust note was like music and the conditions seemed perfect for the old four-banger Fergie!!

The marmite biscuits were perfect with an aperitif of Pinot Grigio!!

What a great day!

I had pretty much the same experience yesterday, except in a '6 in Kent !

Happy days !

Steve

Me too - also in the '6! Took my 4 year old son for a blast around the back roads of Berkshire. He asked: 'daddy - did this used to be a racing car?' After some consideration and a moment of guilt, (but just a moment) I answered - Yes, yes it did.

Roll on summer!

Michael

Me too - also in the '6! Took my 4 year old son for a blast around the back roads of Berkshire. He asked: 'daddy - did this used to be a racing car?' After some consideration and a moment of guilt, (but just a moment) I answered - Yes, yes it did.

Roll on summer!

Michael

My son asked the Same about the gt6 and tr2 when he was 4 (5 now), i must confess I said yes too..

he never asked it when we were driving the herald, he understands the lack of power ;)

he gave the herald estate the nickname Postman Pat.

Edited by EdwinTiben

Overhere, the weather is good enough for a drive - it has been good for months now! I read somewhere that local councils sprinkled 95% less salt on the roads compared with last year's winter. But somehow, I didn't manage (time) to pull the car out and take it for a spin. Perhaps this posting will!

Both my sons have no interest at all in my TR. Not when I was restoring the car, not now it's completed. Makes things a lot easier: I never have to choose who to take with me. And I never have to consider my passenger's wishes and whims.

Menno

nice day out toCleethorps chips n fish lovely ,just caught a shower on way back, nowt changes, cheers Paul an a damp Marg.

Nothing new there then Paul, that will be your own private rain cloud come out of hibernation! ;):lol:

Stuart.