They all work the same, only the price differs but I believe "1,2,3 Ignition" is the most competitive in this price range. Unless your distributor is dead, fitting a self-contained unit in your ori distributor will save you 200£ for the same result. Petronix (MOSS) or Lumenition (RB). Just suggesting alternatives... :rolleyes:

Edited by Geko

I have fitted a simple "points replacement" unit into my distributor, It works just fine, & was not at all expensive. & just in case, I have also bought a spare, which lives in the glove box. It would be much easier to change over, than to re-fit the original points & capacitor - then gap & time etc.

Note. Car does need to be -ve earth for this one, but +ve earth units are also available - but a bit more expensive (not much)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AccuSpark-Stealth-Electronic-Ignition-Points-Conversion-Kit-For-LUCAS-25D-DM2-/200941878485?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec911bcd5

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

Hi Andrew

I've managed to get through three different makes of these. Don't know why. The first took some tracing, then went for a more upmarket model ie Pertronix. Have now given up and back to good old points, and a spare set in the boot. Keep your money.

Cheers Mark.

Since the car was re-built and converted to negative earth and alternator, I've been running a Newtronic electronic ignition unit - and that's more than 20 years.

Fit and forget!

Ian Cornish

Is there a trick to using a dwell meter Neil? Last time I used one to set points gap, ages ago now, it was a big faff adjusting, checking dwell, adjusting some more, overshooting going back. It took forever.

Sorry to veer the thread off track Andrew.

Edited by peejay4A