fixing an analogue clock

Has anybody fitted a clock to a TR4 and if so whats the best way to connect it all up. I recently purchased a rectangular Jaeger clock that will fit into the ash tray aperture with a little bit of fiddling. As I don't smoke it seems a good place to fit a clock which will be a lot more useful than the ashtray. It also allows a back light to be fitted. So linking up the light to the other instrument lights is no problem but I'm not sure of the best way to connect the clock; via a direct wire to the battery with an inline fuse or via the fuse box. Any advice would be appreciated. :mellow:

and perhaps, if you already haven't got one, think about a ctek (or equivalent) battery conditioner, because if this rain continues it may be stood a while with a slight power drain until better weather comes along, and the last thing you would want then is a flat battery..............

Ian

Keith,

I have my Jaeger clock in place of the ashtray and the dash was modified before having it re-veneered. It is connected the live side of the ignition switch.

Pic below to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Cheers

Graeme

06376253-754f-4d62-ac5c-20bc07781afe_zps

• 8 years later...

So I've gone down this route of fitting a rectangular Jaeger clock in the ash tray position, which I think looks ok (better than an ashtray anyway!). It works fine and is wired up to the unswitched 12V, the only bit that I cant work out is what bulb/fitting goes in the illumination aperture, the hole is only 8.3mm across so it is pretty small, any ideas

Many thanks

David

1213060596_clockfront.thumb.JPG.833d6463e322922ff5f5494135dd2fd5.JPG

clock back.JPG

• 2 weeks later...