Photobucket (again!).

Just select the one you wish to send, then on the right of the screen there should be a list of links to choose from. Just click on which ever is the correct option , (for photos in your signarure for instance it is the image URL) that will copy think onto your clipboard, then in you message, (or signature box) past it in.

Bob.

first COPY the URL (that is the path) of the picture in Photobucket from the line "Direct". Then from this forum message editor click the icon "image" and PASTE the URL in the field, then click OK.

Once you see the piccie is loaded into photobucket click on 'Zoom' - the enlarged piccie appears with a 'box' alongside that says "links to share this photo" if you click on the box alongside "IMG" a brief message saying "copied" appears. You can now 'paste' this into the TR forum 'new' or 'reply' box.

I can get photobucket to work on my eMails but not on the Forum ~ what's going wrong???

I followed LJ's advice and got the message "copied" but when I go into the Forum and press 'paste'

nothing happens??

Tom. :huh:

Edited by Fireman049

Hi Geko ~

Thanks for that. When I click on the 'image' icon in the Forum I get a small box and when I press 'paste'

the link comes up but then I can't remove the box??

Tom.

...THEN CLICK "OK" and the box will disapear and your pic will appear embeded into the field of the message editor ( your actual message page)

Hi Geko ~

Pressing 'OK' or anything else has no effect whatsoever?

Tom.

Can you see the URL of your pic in the field of the box after pasting it ?

No: go back to photobucket, copy the URL of the pic from the field "Direct", return the forum message editor, click on the image icon, paste de URL in the blank field, then click OK agai

Yes:

- Do you have a "firewall" or a popup/ad blocker installed on your computer ? Yes: disable them and try again No: next line

- If you are using Firefox web browser you might encounter problem with pre-installed security settings, try another web browser like Windows explorer or Safari (Mac) OR lower your security level in the menu Firefox > Preferences (uncheck all boxes temporarily)

Edited by Geko

Tom, I've pasted *hundreds* of links to photos in all kinds of forums -- many, many dozens of photos on this one. The process will work -- we just gotta figure out exactly what's hanging you up.

Here's an image at random (the head badge of TS1251LO).

1. Copy link to image from hosting service. I use SmugMug as my online hosting service. A paid account for $35/year, but I love it -- easy user interface, good organizing options, unlimited full size storage. In plain text, the link looks like this :

http ://4xdog.smugmug.com/TR3/TR3-References/TS1251LO-2012-11/i-thg9p3n/0/L/IMG_3913-L.jpg

(Note the space after http isn't correct -- I had to add that to keep the forum software from converting it into an active link, despite telling it to "unlink" the text...)

2, Click on "image" icon in forum toolbar. Dialog opens.

3. Paste link in dialog. Click OK. Dialog disappears and image shows in reply being written.

That's all there is to it -- at least on my PC running Win XP or Win7 and Chrome. It's a little harder on my iPad, but can still be done. Here's the result:

IMG_3913-L.jpg

What PC operating system and what browser are you using? Did you see the "OK" on the image dialog, and it wouldn't click, or did you not even see the OK?

This has gotta be simple when we figure it out.

Edited by Don H.

Hi Geko and Don ~

Thank you both for that. I've just had my PC serviced and it's possible that something needs attention.

I'll contact my PC guru.

Incidentally, before the service I was able to send any amount of pics. to the Forum but I never got the box

from 'image' before. As I recall, all I had to do was click and paste the link to my message?

Tom.

If you just want to add a photo to a forum post, or a reply, you can do that direct from your PC, & not upload to photobucket first.

In your post click on "More post/reply options" then click on Choose files, select which file on your PC you want to include, a thumbnail will then appear just above where it says "Attach Files",

Position your cursor (using returns, & / or spaces to where you want the photo to appear, then click on "Add to post"

I will do that now:

You can then preview the post to make sure it is in the right place, which it was !

Bob.

Hi Geko and Don ~

Thank you both for that. I've just had my PC serviced and it's possible that something needs attention.

I'll contact my PC guru.

Incidentally, before the service I was able to send any amount of pics. to the Forum but I never got the box

from 'image' before. As I recall, all I had to do was click and paste the link to my message?

Tom.

It's most likely linked to your browser or OS (I.e. firewall) security settings which have been upgraded.

Edited by Geko

Tom, if you pm me one of your links, I'll try to post it from my account. Let's confirm your Photobucket links are working.

...If your Browser is IE 11 for some reason it does not allow you to paste anything. Try Google Chrome.

Good point, Kevo. I use Chrome exclusively.

Here's a recent discussion on the subject, with a lot of details:

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/44524-dumped-ie11-so-can-now-post-links-etc/

Here's a link to one of Tom's photo's from his Photobucket account. All good. Easy as pie to copy the link and paste in the image dialog, OK it, and see it.

Copied as a "direct" link from the Photobucket page.

If that doesn't work for you, Tom -- blame the browser or browser settings, and consider trying Chrome.

DSCF0220.jpg

Edited by Don H.