Bosch pump step down hose

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a replacement step down hose which brings the size of the bosch fuel pump down to the size of the fuel line, on my set up it looks like a piece of garden house.

Cheers Carl

Guy

Just read it back, not the best, pipe from tank into in line filter than short piece of hose that steps up the size to fit the pump.

Thanks Phil, anyone else with any other ideas.

Cheers Carl

Guy

Just read it back, not the best, pipe from tank into in line filter than short piece of hose that steps up the size to fit the pump.

Thanks Phil, anyone else with any other ideas.

Cheers Carl

Ok

Try these people, you want a R9 spec hose, as its the pipe from tank to inline filter its not under any pressure but get the correct fuel clips to suit pipe.

They also carry fittings

http://www.advancedfluidsolutions.co.uk/index.asp?function=search

Cheers

Guy

When I replaced all my 6's rubber hoses I found the local auto factor, Unity, had everything in store, cheap too.

But the outlet of the Bosch pump, mines a 996, was large and I warmed the hose to stretch it over.

Hth

Steve

Ps, I may have some hose left.

Guy

In line filter to pump, not tank to filter, so different sizes at each end lol

The plot thickens.

Alot depends on what type of inline filter you have? . Some inline filers "Bulit " typeyou can fit fifferent ends to

To enable a good pipe fit.

cheers

Guy

Hi Carl,

I had the same issue last year, it really did look like garden hose. I spoke to Malcolm at Prestige and he said it was one of their early units and they no longer use that type of Bosch pump. I found the connections on the pre-filter were something like 9mm and the pump 15mm, nothing can bridge that gap, I even looked at a stepped hose connector. The solution for me: I decided it was time to replace the noisy pump with one with the right size connections, it also seemed to clear up the fuel smell in the boot!

Not much of a help but least you know you are not alone!

Matt