Bougth a TR8

Awesome sound, Chris, thanks for posting this video.

It seems that this kind of beast is not easy to move on slow motion, not really a surprise.....

That has to be the ugliest TR8 ever built, and the colour scheme does nothing for it. Fast 'n' Bulbous, to quote the Captain. I thought the LM TR8 and the Drag Car were of dubious proportions, but they look positively svelte in comparison . . . . :D

At least it seems a great deal easier to manoeuvre than the LM or Drag cars, and about half the volume of the dragster !

Keep up the good work Chris.

Cheers

Alec

Found on the right side cracks in the body shell which are now welded and strengthened.

I also move the oil tank to the trunk.

Started to remove the oil hoses.

And now in a better view:

10264288_675980312437146_845081072589819

All tubes and stuff came from Bastuck. Special made mufflers to fit under the car and very short to let the pipes go to the sides.

Cheers

Chris

• 5 years later...
On 2/4/2014 at 2:24 PM, MadMarx said:

Hi Niall,

before good results come in I need to learn to drive the car properly. But I think it will do okay on the first few try outs and with a little tweak here and there I hopefully gain speed.

Saw at RA that the right bank of the engine runs leaner than the left. Need to check that.

AND I try to install the rim vents to the car.

Was that RA in Perth?