Bougth a TR8

Good man Christian, more fun per pound ( Euro ) than anything else. I hope I can get to see it.

Mick Richards

Good man Christian, more fun per pound ( Euro ) than anything else. I hope I can get to see it.

Mick Richards

I hope too that you can see it.

I've checked the Atlantic if there are U-boats out there that might sink the convoy.

Good news, should be a safe trip for the car.

Will arrive in 2 or 3 weeks from today.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Mike,

the TR4 will still fight for the Championship in Triumph Competition racing series.

The TR8 might do a guest start from time to time in that racing series if the track and the event is suitable. The car is very noisy.

But mostly I bought the car for the Nordschleife endurance races to compete against BMW M1, Porsche 934 / 935.

No idea if I can get any close to them but I'll try.

Several seconds were missing at Road America to the front running cars but I think with more practice and a few little tweaks to the cars handling I might be able to grind some seconds off on RA.

But now the car will come to Europe and will be interesting to see how it performs here, breathing European air.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by MadMarx

Hi Niall,

before good results come in I need to learn to drive the car properly. But I think it will do okay on the first few try outs and with a little tweak here and there I hopefully gain speed.

Saw at RA that the right bank of the engine runs leaner than the left. Need to check that.

AND I try to install the rim vents to the car.

Edited by MadMarx

Hum, Christian Marx spending some time on a TR8.....

How long will it take before the "school boy" will know enough things about racing TR8s, to learn interesting things to ignorants guys as me ;)

I bet I'll not have to wait long :)

Hi John,

I will write something nice to that forum.

I know that I am a mean guy, hijacking a car from another continent but it is like with a bride, if you get asked you have to say "yes" or "no" and I said yes.

Cheers

Chris

Christian,
as the owner/driver of one ex-Nevada TR8 efi I know what you say.

I've been accused of 'robbing' the americans of a few good TR8's for me and my friends,

just as I have been for sneaking an to them 'unknown' lhd TR8 out of Britain... :o

The only thing you can do is use the car, so people can see it has gone to a good caretaker...
Cheers,
/Odd

My wife got a sea cruise from me to get her off the palm.

Some little details about the cars history:

CAR HISTORY:

• This Car was constructed in 1979 to Race IMSA,TRANSAM and MOLYSLIP Enduro Races by Peter Bulkowski and Bruce Kulcyk.
  • This was one of 6 Triumph Canada Cars sponsored by JRT.

Group 44 built 2 cars - (43 +44) this was the Canadian entry (42)

• The complete Body, Frame, Suspension and Wheels came from Bob Tullius group 44 shop in Virginia.
  • Peter Bulkowski raced this car in 1980 with Bruce Kulczyk in the 1,000 km World FIA (IMSA) Race at Mosport and finish 7th in GTO. Finish 22 overall
  • 1981 Peter Bulkowski raced with Luc Behar in the 6 Hour IMSA Race and finished 5th in GTO at Mosport. Finish 18 overall
  • 1982 Peter Raced with Bob Armstrong in the 6 Hour IMSA and finish 4th in GTO at Mosport. Finish 15 4th in GTO.
  • 1983 Peter teamed with Target Racing Team (David Deacon, Steve Lechnowsky, Drew Fesar and Laurence Polley) to Race the 6 Hour IMSA Race at Mosport and finished 4th in GTO.
  • Peter Bulkowski also raced the TR-8 in 1981 at the TransAm race at Mosport and 1982 TransAm Race at Trois Rivieres
  • The team raced all the Molislip and Ontario GT Races from 1981-1984
  • The car was sold in 1984 and was then raced in 1985 at the 12 Hour race at Sebring FL.
  • The car had a Engine Failure and subsequently got on fire.

post-3129-0-91624200-1391593624_thumb.jpg

post-3129-0-45789300-1391593781_thumb.jpg

post-3129-0-91624200-1391593624_thumb.jpg

post-3129-0-45789300-1391593781_thumb.jpg

Edited by MadMarx

Hi TR8 folks,

just bought a TR8 for myself but have only little knowledge about technique and stuff.

But I learn - promise:

Chris- I was a spectator at Road America and saw you in that car. For 'only little knowledge' I'm very much afraid how fast you will go once you learn more!

Cheers,

Randy

Hi Randy,

I felt a bit stiff and awkward in the car.
I hope I get my ride a little more smooth and flowing.
Maybe then comes some speed in the game.
The car would have been capable to run to the front but the driver was not quite up to the task.
Next time better I hope (maybe I should eat a Snickers before?).
Cheers
Chris
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After a long wait the container is now at the port in Germany. :D

Will be opened today. :wub:

Unfortunately I get the first access next week because of the easter days. :wacko:

Great views Chris, I could see your neighbours putting For Sale signs into their gardens and rushing to the computers to check for Acoustic insulation, lol.

Mick Richards

Not really.

My 75 year old direct female neighbor went over to me after I parked the car and said:

"In all my life I never heard a more nice sounding car, but I never have a go with you, it sounds too fast for an old woman"