He will be lucky to get a third of the asking price. No doubt the rebuild/conversion has been done to a good standard, although personally I don't like the back panel treatment or the "stick on" wood dash. It's a bit of a mish-mash with the USA spec bumpers & running lights, Solihull front badge but earlier type boot lid, and is that one of Rimmers modified double hump bonnets I see there? Sounds like it must have quite rusty as every exterior panel has been replaced!

S&S are advertising Rob James fantastic example of a modified TR7V8 at £12,995, and we have all read how thoughtfully & thoroughly that car has been done! Buy that one that & have enough change to buy a genuine RHD TR8 DHC into the bargain :)

A good example of the fact that currently rebuilding/modifying a TR7 will cost far more than the finished car will be worth.

Edited by AnthonyF

...All the time I see these prices I know the price of a genuine TR is rising.

Yeah, but asking prices do not a market make... Show me one that SELLS at that price and I'll start thinking about what it means to our cars.

Hi Guys,

been thinking about for some time about buying a TR8,there's one for sale (and has been for sale for the last couple of months)a couple of hours north from here. It's a drophead with a automatic box,are these auto boxes any good? They are asking 6000$,not cheap but the car seems to be in good unrestored condition.Any things that I need to check other than the "normal "things?

thanks,

Yves