Hi,

I have now worked out why I was getting no reading on my fuel gauge ...the float was full of fuel, I picked up a used sender unit only to find the same problem, is there a way of repairing/replacing float or is it a new unit, I know they are not that expensive but have some time over the weekend. I seem to have a tr6 sender unit and gauge, don't know why, that's just the way it is. If it is replacement what's a good source

Keith

Hi Keith,

what material is the float made of. If brass then solder it. I

Roger

Best empty it of fuel first!

Stuart.

I agree, if it's metal, then it can be repaired by soft soldering, if plastic, then I would recommend buying a replacement.

Older plastic floats seem to suffer either from old age, or the modern fuels - I had to replace the plastic floats in the Amal carbs on my bike

last year, I had tried a weld repair previously, but it failed after a few months.

TR3 float should be a metal cylinder place horizontally & soldered to a steel wire back up to the sender.

Bob.