That looks like discs and 60 spoke wires too ?

From an FIA papers point of view, discs should not be an issue on any TR3, so whether they were or were not original fitment on this particular car is, I think, irrelevant to the issuing of a HTP.

TR2 is a completely different matter, of course.

When it come to Le Mans, any Le Mans, and the application of detail regulations . . . . there's one set of rules for French entries, and another for everyone else. They'd accept a halal pork curry with a Beth Din stamp on as kosher, just as long as it was French.

Cheers

Alec

Edited by Alec Pringle

Sebring TR3 entries SRW410 (beige/red hardtop), SRW991 (white) and SRW992 (TS10604-0 Salvadore Blue) were built in early 1956 with drum brakes, but recorded as being upgraded to disc brakes/Girling diffs soon after these items became standard fitment in September 1956.

The 3 cars were then shipped to the USA in readiness for the March 1957 Sebring 12 Hour race where SRW991 and SRW992 competed and SRW410 was the reserve.

I've an idea the Salvadore Blue car SRW992 is the sole survivor.

Viv

According to Mike Ellis, nothing is known of SRW410 and SRW991, but SRW992 belongs to member Steve Skinner, appeared at our celebration of "The Works Triumphs" at the 2010 IWE in Malvern, and is in use.

Ian Cornish

Time to put in my bit....the 3 1957 Sebring cars DID all come back to the UK in 1957....I was told this categorically when I interviewed him by the late Ben Warwick of the Works Comps dept at the time...he helped build and rebuild the 3 cars and went to the Sebring race with them....the works never used them again and they were sold off....SRW992 was extensively written up about 3 years back in one of the classic glossy mags.....SRW410 is not known to exist...I have researched it extensively and have never found any trace of it.....As to SRW 991, this car was sold to the then UK champion cyclist Reg Harris who was also quite a good racing driver.....it was updated with a 3A front, painted white and appeared in many club races in the 1958/9 period.....I have at least 2 pics of it racing.....Harris also used it as a road car and eventually sold it to one Bert Mayden, circa 1960.I was categorically told in 2006 by someone who had known him that Bert Mayden comprehensively crashed the car in 1962 on the Birmingham-Alcester road and it was a total write off....Mayden survived but died soon afterwards aged only 30, so 991 doesn't survive ..

Yes, mention of that ad in Traction circa 1996...i did indeed have SHP520 , having found it under the apple tree where it had stood for more than 20 years.....its rescue and recovery is a story in itself which would have made a good TRaction article....maybe when I've finished my current Healey book I'll finally get round to writing my "Kerbside Motors" memoirs book..... Indeed at the time after an expensive divorce I couldn't afford to restore SHP 520 and offered it in TRaction....a truly historic car but amazing as it seems now, there were no takers...no one in the UK was interested at any price...Eventually a far sighted German bought it, restored it very well and good luck to him...he backed a winner when no one else could see it....The car is now back in the Uk, and appeared at the Revival last Sept, along with 992.

When In wrote my green book Triumph by Name 20 years ago now, would that I had known what would happen to historic TR prices 20 years hence !

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi...... Bill P.