Hi Conrad

Happy new year!! I was trying to put some photos on but obviously failed miserably

Off skiing on Saturday so I'll try when I get back, don't forget the wiring diagram at Bills

Tom

Oh!

OK Neil, thanks for letting me know, I'll have another go when I get back, I'm OK with TR's but this sort of technology beats me most times!!

Tom

Happy skiing tom...i am going in feb.....great sport !

Bill has been in touch and is coming over tomorrow.

All the best,

Conrad.

Hey guys hope you have a good time, skiing here in the Pyrenees is ok but too warm this week however snow is due next week.

Have a good ski hol. Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Conrad/Andy

Just back great conditions in the alps, bit of a (well a lot actually) fall on Wednesday and dislocated my collarbone so no work on the car ( or anything else) for a week or two, my mate Bill has not stopped laughing yet!!! He says I'm to old to be throwing myself off hills!!

Bloody sore I can tell you but it's the first time in 24 years I've visited medical for me I'm usually taking others in! Hey ho, sh*t happens as they say!! If I manage another 24 years without mishap ill be happy!

Should be able to carry my own bag by Stonleigh :-)

Tom

Tom

It makes all the difference being able to upload photos of our progress, I feel it gets a better response from members as well as giving you the motivation to keep going to get the next progress pics uploaded. I was never able to upload pictures for years until I bought the wife a new iPad this Christmas.

Well liked your chassis photos before and after, doing the same on a 3A at the moment, so best of luck for your restoration journey ahead.

John

Thanks Chaps,

I'll keep puting bits on but its on the back burner at the minute, I'm collecting bits and restoring/apinting others ready for a go at it around March, I've watched Tony's car with lots of interest but with the sun down there he will need sunglasses to avoid being blinded if he has to look under it!!

Not sure that white would look good after a few runs out here in the northern hemisphere with all of the **** on the roads, from my visits down under the roads are pretty good out there

Tom

Hi Tom,

If you're thinking to soup up the engine now's the time to beef up ( beef soup :P! ) the rear diff mounts. Likewise the front A-arm fulcrum bracket mounting points ( which were upgraded on TR6s with gussets later ).

Bracket kits are available from the usual suspects ;)

Hi tom, chassis is looking good,Soon your shoulder will be feeling better,(you are just a boy) and you will be able to crack on some more.

I myself have had shoulder problems(old rugby injury),but cant rest it as the restoration takes precedence .

All the best,

Conrad.

Hi Conrad

thanks for the encouragement, you know me I'll be at it as soon as I can, after skiing with my son I'm under pressure to do his Golf GTI now! :)

i'm trying to save some pennies for the show in March

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Tom,

I have been wondering about the performance differences between the 250 and the PI of the TR5. Are you expecting a big difference in performance with the PI conversion or was there an option for better performance with different twin carbs?

There is a 250 for sale currently in Australia which has been converted to PI and is considerably cheaper than a Tr5 - interesting opposition

Graze

Graze,

I owe you an apology I've completely forgotten about the window parts we discussed, have you sorted this or do you still need them?

I'm opting PI because I'm interested in getting the thing running right, I spent lots of time and money and learned a lot from the TR6 I restored 2 years ago and when PI is on song, its really good, my last 250 had a big valve head, triple webers etc etc but the truth is I'm not that interested these days in thrashing the balls of them! Starndard 250's run around 105 brake whereas PI cars run around 130 to 150bhp so there will be a difference, the head on the 250 is different to the PI so it's not just a matter of swapping things over, you need a PI head as well. I'm not sure if there is a twin carb upgrade for a stock 250, the strombergs could probably be changed for SU's but others on here could advise better than me.

My sister tells me it's bloody hot down there in Brisbane, I wish I could say the same for here! It's just wet - bloody wet!!

Regards

Tom

Tom

The window stops have gone on the back burner - push bike fall 3 weeks ago separated the top of my femur from the bottom bit which I have on good authority is not a good arrangement long term. Had an op to insert titanium pin into the femur and screws to hold it to the neck of the femur. All good, recovery coming along ok, started pool work today and now 3 weeks left till I can put weight on my leg again.

Obviously all work on the TR6 has stopped for the moment.

Have been spending some time on the Internet though, hence seeing the TR250 for sale at half the price of a TR5 and it is already PI converted - not clear on its provenance though

Cheers and good to know your restoration is coming along - watching with interest

Graze

Edited by Graze