Dove GTR4 GPH 359C

Unfortunately it no longer appears on DVLA but it may still be in storage somewhere or had a private plate fitted.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting two Doves with consecutive registration numbers, must have been done in a batch at the time. A rare car but with two registered one after the other, must be a story here we will never know ?. Unless as in year gone by the dealer had a batch of registration numbers from the local licensing office that had to be used before another batch were issued, therefore the cars could have been sold/registered weeks or even months apart.

John

GPH 360C is very much alive and well, living in the East of England and still scaring animals and small children... it was the last of the TR4 Doves registered.

GPH 359C last I knew was roadworthy and living in Yorkshire , though I've not seen or heard anything of it for years. As per above Jon Marshall will know, find his details under registrars in TR Action.

Wayne

I did contact Jon Marshall Feb last year, this was the reply:

Apologies for not replying to your email in January. I have bee ‘retired’ for more than three years and a couple of days after your email arrived, I was offered a contract in Holland. Life got immediately chaotic. That’s also the reason the new email address didn’t get activated. Too much to do and too little time in which to do it.
The last I heard of your Dove, it was owned by a John Allen. I had brief contact with him then he didn’t reply.
The Dove with the twin headlights now belongs to Gary Scott and has its original registration and bonnet. One of the proposals for the TR5 had a similar twin headlight design.
The red car was in Northern Ireland for many years. When the owner (Peter Jupp) died his widow sold it to a friend of Paul Hogan. This guy restored it, painted it metallic Burgundy like the prototype then sold it to France. It was mentioned in TR Action 2 or 3 issues back.
I’ve never seen anything else about the 4A Dove you photographed.
Best wishes
Jon
The other Doves he is refering to were photographed by me at the 1st Goodwood track day in 197?
Bob.
  • 2 years later...

Dragging the topic back up again - I contacted the DVLA, & now some extra info on the car

GPH 359C - Wedgwood blue Dove GTR4 - Commission No. CT 22561 Engine No. CT 22809-E registered 4th Feb 1965

ring any bells ?

Bob.