As said, it is a buyers' market. When the car is sold for about the asking price (it is a no reserve auction), then, obviously, prices are on the way up. Despite the fact that some of us here think that a proper TR is worth less... Time will tell! Don't forget the fact that an auctioneer also want a part of the pie; making the actual price even higher.

And, if prices are indeed up, it's wise to reconsider the value / agreed value insurance for your TR, I think.

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

Hello Italia lovers

Has it ever been mooted to graft TR6 front wings and panel onto a standard TR4 plus hardtop.

Modification to the front panel/bonnet to extend the nose with a period bonnet cut in, loads of fetlling/forming and filling.

Do away with the nasty cheap Triumph design of wing to bonnet opening gaps and voila!

A cheap Italia look a like. Obviously not for the purist

Anybody got a TR4 for me to start on?

David

Hello Italia lovers

Has it ever been mooted to graft TR6 front wings and panel onto a standard TR4 plus hardtop.

Modification to the front panel/bonnet to extend the nose with a period bonnet cut in, loads of fetlling/forming and filling.

Do away with the nasty cheap Triumph design of wing to bonnet opening gaps and voila!

A cheap Italia look a like. Obviously not for the purist

Anybody got a TR4 for me to start on?

David

Nurse...nurse he's got out again !

Mick Richards

The Humber has never deteriorated to the point of needing rebuilding - respray is required yes, the original paint is long past its best, quick job for the 1958 Motor Show demonstration, and some minor edge metal repair which has already been done. Otherwise it has a good deal of patina.

But as for your comments " An american restauration : how to make a nice car a beast for concours. bad taste : blue tape, chrome wires, modern Nardi, yellow TR6 fan and so on... overdrive ? for rich americans only ... "

I suggest you are overly concerned with your own perception of good taste and originality over practicality. Originality is not everything, and certainly not in the eyes of those willing to pay for useability as well as appearance.

Cheers

Alec

Is this the Italia that appears about six minutes into the film "Michelotti's Masterpiece: code name Stag"?

The silver Italia with a roof aerial in the triumph Stag video is #244, now owned by Guy Viel.

The car won top prize as a visitor to Stoneleigh Star 90 this year.

Happy New Year!

Edited by Paul Harvey

and the yellow Italia @ 13 minutes is Revington's yellow peril #250

This is alongside a red Italia with black interior I can't yet identify. It has the early style long boot handle together with the later Altissimo number plate lamp housing so should be approx. between Vignale #123 and #135

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm that Mr Von Appen still owns white Italia #126 with delivery mileage only and the Revington prepared race Italia #210.

Both are potentially for sale to discerning collectors only.

We are collaborating over research on the only period race Italia yet documented which is the subject of another thread.