Dumped IE11, so can now post links etc!

Hi Folks,

As reported in this section I have been unable to post links, web-hosted photos and cut & paste etc, etc for a while now.

Wayne looked into the problem for me in vain and couldn't understand what was going on, neither could the Forum Software Helpdesk - so Neil (ntc) suggested uninstalling IE11 as the Forum software isn't yet compatible. So that's what I've just done and hey-presto I'm up and running at full chat!

Now I can understand that Wayne didn't know what the problem was and remained very helpful, but a so called Forum Software 'Helpdesk' didn't know the Forum isn't compatible with IE11...........now that's a really poor show - do we actually pay them?

Anyway, by means demonstrating of using my newly acquired ability to post a link, these are the easy steps I followed, see: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/install-ie#ie=ie-10-win-7

Thanks to Wayne for his perseverance, sadly he was not helped by the so called 'experts', but mainly thanks to Neil who was spot on!

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Excellent. pleased to hear you have found a workaround. IP Board actually informed me that they released 2 patch updates automatically to all customers yesterday (Sun 13th Dec) which is supposed to address any Javascript issues but I'll let them find out if that update itself is working correctly before I start recommending that all is now well!

The Firefox lads will also have problems if they update ;)

Oh no we dont. Firefox 27 (Latest up dated) working fine.

Stuart.

You will have soon if running 64 bit

Yep but got both 32bit and 64bit so doesnt make any difference. :)

Stuart.

• 1 month later...