Car body dipping

I need help in deciding which way to go. shall I chemically dip my car body, I believe the process is your car body goes into tank of chemicals which strips all paint rust filler etc and then goes into another tank to neutralise the chemical. second process your car body goes into oven which burns off all the paint rust filler etc then you have it lightly sandblasted and zinc sprayed, has anybody have any experience of either process? whats the fors & against some people say the chemical can get into the seams of the body and after you've had it sprayed it will bleed, have you had yours dipped or baked? your views are appreciated.

Ray

I met these guys thanks to Stuart:-) My car is going to them early Feb next year. The process looks amazing and they will etch prime the vehicle for around £350. It costs around £700+ to have it dipped and they will collect and drop it off fro around £350 too. Then there is the dreaded VAT!!!!!!

Amazing process. Again, thanks Stuart for the intro.

You can see the stripping process here http://tr4a.weebly.com/paint-stripping-the-body.html

Best wishes

Paul

I used Ribble technology, they strip paint and everything else from body shells, using NO chemicals, just a temperature controlled oven, about the same cost for a full TR shell + doors boot bonnet.

they are in Preston Lancs. after stripping the shell is treated with a spray of liquid containing Phosphoric acid, which is a good protection until Primered. see pic after stripping

DSC00348.jpg

Ray, i have had pannels dipped on my 3A and it was a great process,i am at the same point as you with my tub but am going down the blasting route,(£1,000 to much for my budget being dipped).Carl at TR trader gave me a very good quote for picking up,blasting the tub,red oxide painting and delivery back home,give him a call.

Cheers

Nige

http://www.trtrader.com/index.htm

Repairing the back end of the car : angle grinder with a wire brush £100 for the kit and lots of hours, painted with phosphoric acid afterwards. Exposes all the problem areas which can be replaced/welded.

Disadvantages you need a mask goggles and overalls++ and everything gets covered in dust and it is noisy - if you have close neighbours

Michael