Tr3a hard top

Hi guys, does anyone know if I can get a new rear plastic glass for my tr3a hard top I cracked it removing it thought,,,, I should have put it in the warm ? Before removing ..

Hi, fitted a new Moss rear screen in my hard top this year with no real issue. It didn't need trimming in my case. I used the seal that Stuart has put a link in for, its slightly bigger on the screen side which means it has a better hold of the screen (less chance of popping out when driving without side screens). I did use a fitting tool which made the job a lot easier than I was expecting. I've done a few screens on cars before and to be honest this was by far the easiest, but I think I've just started to understand how to use the tool (its the screwdriver with a triangular end that helps fitting the insert into the seal.)

Neil

I lost two back windows and then had some semi circular brackets made up. They fix like a clamp with a thin bolt through the seal and after that there has been no more trouble with the window. There are three along the top and two on the lower edge. They are stainless steel and are in two parts.

However the front shape seems to be opening out very slowly and now there is a significant gap at each front corner. Has any one any idea on how to restore it to the correct shape with clamps or some other system. Why has it moved in the last three years after 50 years? It is only fitted to the car for a short period each year. The rest of the time it is stored vertically in the garage.

It is time to fit it now.

I lost two back windows and then had some semi circular brackets made up. They fix like a clamp with a thin bolt through the seal and after that there has been no more trouble with the window. There are three along the top and two on the lower edge. They are stainless steel and are in two parts.

However the front shape seems to be opening out very slowly and now there is a significant gap at each front corner. Has any one any idea on how to restore it to the correct shape with clamps or some other system. Why has it moved in the last three years after 50 years? It is only fitted to the car for a short period each year. The rest of the time it is stored vertically in the garage.

It is time to fit it now.

Richard I would try the seal I recommended above.

Stuart.

The seal from Seattle is better than the Moss one I think my problem was a combination of a hardtop that perhaps had been rolled or hit at one side as it had nonstandard welding on one side though it looked fine, plus the Perspex was an EBay bargain that needed cut to fit the aperture.

Now it's on the car the visibility is great all I need now is to work out how to stop it steaming up!

Stick on double glazing panel? Stick on heating grid? Has anyone made these from scratch? With the right kind of foil and silver paste?

Regards

BillG@NB

• 4 weeks later...

Kel,

I also cracked the old screen when extracting it but it was slightly shabby anyway, though possibly could have polished up. The new Moss screen is nice and shiny but is definitely a bit smaller and a bit thinner than the old one and I would say that is the main problem and it is barely hanging in there using the Moss seal. I would hate to drive the car at speed without the sidescreens in position. I have just ordered the seal that Stuart has recommended (thank you Stuart) and hope this will make things more secure.

Regards,

Martin