BONNET BADGE

So now the world knows you will have an original on your car ? sleep tight it is a sad thing that I say don't :(

Totally agree with Neil,fit the repro and keep the original safe. I know its sad but not nice if / when it happens.

you can guess how i know :(:angry::angry::angry:

ROY

Hi David

Yes, mine arrived safe and sound. Haven't got round to fitting it yet but

if it lasts as well as it looks it will be a good buy. I'm very pleased… so far

and nobody knows it isn't original. Except us lot.

Rob

So now the world knows you will have an original on your car ? sleep tight it is a sad thing that I say don't :(

Neil

as the wife says i will be dead by the time the Bloody car is finished so they might forget :lol:

ebay guy is sending me another tracked post so look forward to recieving it

All

thinking about it there have been a few originals on ebay for less than £100 and with the availability of these new repros the demand will probably fall for originals ???

look at the TR5 handbooks i was looking at £300-400 at one point then came the repros for a £10 originals are now about £100 i think one of the TR suppliers has one for sale

heres hoping nothing happens shame you found out that way Roy

cheers

david

Hi guys,

Sorry for my absence in responding, busy that last few days.

I ordered mine on the 17th and it's not arrived yet. I just sent them a message to see what's happening.

They certainly don't seem to do delivery very well.

All the best,

Dave.

Dear All,

The badge arrived this morning.

Well I would describe it as quite passable at first glance, although it's a bit tinny. There is also a hairline crack in the enamel above the letter T on mine, but you would have to look for it to spot it.

I don't have an original to compare it with, but from memory, the originals are more substantial.

It certainly wouldn't look out of place on the bonnet, providing it fits reasonably well when applied.

It would also be a good substitute and keep your original in the draw in a safe place.

At the end of the day, if you don't have one at all for your car, like me, then it is a very welcome item.

I would need an original to give it a proper appraisal, but I'd give it 8 out of 10 and say that it is a very good effort and you wouldn't disappointed for £45.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Dave.

Good to have a fair appraisal, Dave.

Seems it isn't the same producer who does the 250 badge for TRF, as theirs is every bit as good as an original or better ( I'd say the latter ). Then again, the price is commensurate.

A quorum didn't materialize to have the 5 badge made, which is 1. too bad for prospective buyers and 2. good for holders of originals, whose badges would tank in value in the face of an excellent repro's arrival.

Ordered mine and it came the very next day.It is sort of close to the original and I agree with Dave.The average person would not know but we would.I am just glad someone has bothered to make it and I will fit it when the time comes, which is now closer than I imagined.Early January so, early new year present to my self.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

Thanks Tom for that feedback on the 250 badge from TRF. I bought a 250 badge recently which was ok-ish and I'm not grumbling at £25. If you haven't got one, which I hadn't, then it's better than nothing, and again, to the uninitiated, it looks just fine.

Harry, thanks for that confirmation, as I didn't have an original to compare it with, so I think we can safely say that at £45.00, it's not a bad buy.

All the best.

Dave

I received mine yesterday and I was very pleased with it. I, the same as Dave did not have an original to compare with, only one of the previous repro's. I can say that I would fit this badge, unlike the the other repro, which is pretty dire!

Money well spent I say.

Cheers John

Yes, but eBay photos disappear after a time, and folks have mentioned cracks in the enamel and a flimsier feel than originals. Side-by-sides would be good for the record.

If you're really curious to know what's possible, buy a 250 badge from TRF. They won't be available someday, and today's purchase will appreciate in due course thanks to the unsurpassed quality so can be sold at a profit in future if you don't have the car to put underneath it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received my "TR5 PI" boot badge from AJ Trading ordered 5th arrived 13th £20 + £2.60 P&P.It looks quite good quality the only things I've found is that the TR5 lettering is about 1cm thinner than the original & not sure on the colour match. I might have to buy a new triumph badge to match it!But it will look a lot better on the car than the old one. post-7326-0-54488800-1387099727_thumb.jpg

Hope I've not made a balls up of adding a photo!

post-7326-0-54488800-1387099727_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve w

Steve

Pamela David enamels will restore that badge for you and it will come back rechromed and enamelled and looking like new.

The results are very impressive.

Google them they're down near you.

Mike