TR4a window channel replacement

The window channels on my Tr4a are badly worn. Rimmer Bros. offer new inserts as well as the complete unit. Has anyone tried the inserts. Are they any good or is it best to start again with all new?

Buy some land rover channel, and transfer your ends to them, use a tube shorter than the full length of the top slide units when you open them up a little to get the channel in, or you will crack the small plastic

guides in the top slider unit, NR7 rivets(?) I think are the best to use.

john

assume 4a and 4 are the same part no 850340ft

i was starting from bare door but would think that you could take front and rear channels out with the glass still in doing it one at a time

once out, drill out the rivets holding the brackets to the old channels,clean repaint brackets if you want to

easy way is then to clamp old and new alongside each other then using a square mark across hole centres

drill new channels,i had some solid countersunk head rivets but otherwise use small csk hd screws/nuts (screw hd's inside channel)don't use self tappers! to fix brkts to channel

refit to glass door and adjust to suit

regards adrian any problems drop me an email

john

assume 4a and 4 are the same part no 850340ft

i was starting from bare door but would think that you could take front and rear channels out with the glass still in doing it one at a time

once out, drill out the rivets holding the brackets to the old channels,clean repaint brackets if you want to

easy way is then to clamp old and new alongside each other then using a square mark across hole centres

drill new channels,i had some solid countersunk head rivets but otherwise use small csk hd screws/nuts (screw hd's inside channel)don't use self tappers! to fix brkts to channel

refit to glass door and adjust to suit

regards adrian any problems drop me an email

you must open the top brackets to accept the new channel without damaging them, the NR7 rivets then go through the bracket then the channel. The rivet head is automatically flattened when riveted.