PRV/Fuel Pump rubber flexible mount fixing question.

Hi

I am back in the garage this weekend after a long break to balance my butterflies, I am going to fit new bushes in the throttle linkage and while I am at I am going to replace the flexible fuel pipes front & rear. My question is whilst I am doing the pipes I am going to replace the rubber flexible mounts for the Lucas pump & the PRV and was wondering do the mounts bolt into captive nuts or are they bolted through bodywork.

Many Thanks

Edited by Kevo_6

Suggest you also look at the bushes on the throttle pedal, they are exactly the same part number and I've lost count of the number of cars that appear with waggly pedals, there's no point in doing the linkage if your pedal is transmitting vague messages!

Hi flatlandsman

Exactly my thoughts and I ordered a pair at the time of ordering the others.

Thanks for the thought though.

Top pedal & linkage tips there; just as an aside, use only the original type grey plastic bushes; the PU & PTFE versions are not good.

A dunk in boiling water eases the fit.

Thanks, those are the ones I have bought, will boil the kettle now.

Now, since you have an early TR6, I trust you'll get those throttles properly balanced, takes time but well worth it in the end.

Will do, I was in the process of the balancing as per this thread http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/42553-pinking-lumpy/ but unfortunately I became unwell and I have been out of action for a few months, so I had a lot of time to think and therefore started this thread re bushes, pipes etc.

I am pleased I removed the linkage now as I found some parts of it bent, so that is now straight and all back together on the car. What I am happy with is now the butterflies are opening together well.

Next weekend is fitting the new fuel pipes and balancing when hot. :D