Engine Rebuild

Hi

rear oil seal conversion is a good place to start and an unleaded head. How much are you planning on spending, because crank balancing is very worthwhile, whether removing the original fan extension or not (I would, and fit a damped pulley). A "road" cam will liven things up a bit without needing to go through the whole car modifying everything else "downstream". Oh, and a stainless extractor manifild is something to consider (fit and forget!) and late 4a inlet manifold (swept type with HS6s)

You could go much much further...stronger rods, increase in liner size (upto 89mm for road reliability so I'm told), gas flowed head..........

I'm sure there'll be plenty more replies!

:D

cheers

Adey - let us know what you decide

Lightened and balanced flywheel always seems a popular mod.

Helps to reduce risk of broken cranks.

Given that it's a pretty agricultural engine balancing the bottom end is worthwhile.

Gas flowing the head boosts performance without hurting economy. Naturally do an unleaded conversion.

A wilder cam may help boost performance but don't go too far and make sure that you decide whether or not you will be sticking with the SU carbs or going to Webbers (always tempting but can be thirsty). If you do swap cams get good advice from people like Jon Wood at Classic Racecraft or Cambridge Motorsport ot TR Enterprizes.

Thanks for the replies Gents,

Having looked at the budget looks like internals first, unleaded head, rear oil seal conversion, balance the crank, lightened & balanced flywheel plus fast road cam.

Manifolds can come later when I can smuggle further funds from the joint account!

Chris