I finally sorted out the heater fan motor issue I was having (runs now in both low/high speed). I get a lot of heat out the bottom of the heater when selecting car but very little heat out the defrosters and dash vents when that is selected. I did confirm air flow thru the vents as well as the defrosters but very little heat. The trap door at the bottom works fine when I use the knob and moves to the correct position when selected. The heater box get very warm so I do know there is heat there, just not where I want it.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob, the hot air output from the heater comes out of the front pipes from the heater box, when the bottom flap is closed the hot air goes to desist only, ie windscreen. The dash and footwell vents are fed by the rear heater box outputs and only for ventilation, ie cold air only. Check your pipework from the heater to ensure its all connected, not blocked etc. Never had a Tr that wad especially good at demist, cabin heat usually good tho.

I finally sorted out the heater fan motor issue I was having (runs now in both low/high speed). I get a lot of heat out the bottom of the heater when selecting car but very little heat out the defrosters and dash vents when that is selected. I did confirm air flow thru the vents as well as the defrosters but very little heat. The trap door at the bottom works fine when I use the knob and moves to the correct position when selected. The heater box get very warm so I do know there is heat there, just not where I want it.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob

What was the fan issue, mine isn't working and now I've replaced the switch it just shorts out the fuse

I know I'll need to pull it all out before winter, but any hints as to likely issue appreciated

Graze

Bob

What was the fan issue, mine isn't working and now I've replaced the switch it just shorts out the fuse

I know I'll need to pull it all out before winter, but any hints as to likely issue appreciated

Graze

my issue was a faulty ground wire that prevented the fan from running. after giving it a good ground the motor now works in low and high speed settings

Bob, the hot air output from the heater comes out of the front pipes from the heater box, when the bottom flap is closed the hot air goes to desist only, ie windscreen. The dash and footwell vents are fed by the rear heater box outputs and only for ventilation, ie cold air only. Check your pipework from the heater to ensure its all connected, not blocked etc. Never had a Tr that wad especially good at demist, cabin heat usually good tho.

That is good to know, the foot well and dash vents are ventilation only with no heat. the foam pad on the trap door of the heater is missing which may account for the low air temp/flow to the window defrosters

Nice idea pInky

Will have a look at this, as i have the room to move under the dash as the box is out :D

Hi

I have blocked up the cold air flow vents from the heater

And connected them to the hot air outlet with a split 1 into 2

So you can have warm air out of the vents and the de mister

Pink

That is a great idea. I had that little voice in the back of my head suggest that when I was working on the heater but ignored it, the last time I heard that voice it said "let's buy a TR6!" and you know where that got me

Edited by bobrogg

Long Beach, California. Brisbane, Australia...........what do you guys need heaters for!! Ok , I'll make an exception for Brum and the IOW.

Mike

Hi

I have blocked up the cold air flow vents from the heater

And connected them to the hot air outlet with a split 1 into 2

So you can have warm air out of the vents and the de mister

Pink

Oi Pink that was my idea. ;):lol:

Stuart.