I would check the width of the 3500 Vignale seats first and the ones I've seen are panelled like the seats in the later Italias post #180 only.

I suspect Vignale had a local supplier who could make or adapt seats exactly to his requirements in low numbers.

The Carrozzeria all worked in a relatively small area and would have hundreds of small outworkers and suppliers available at any time.

Actually very similar to the high end shotgun trade who also congregated in historic areas where outworkers could be made to do piece work at non-union rates.

#168 should have the early plain seats like the car that started this thread.

I guess anyone new to Italias is beginning to see why having as many original parts in whatever condition is more important than anything else, if only as a template!

A new bumper from the original moulds is £3,000.

There are guys who have been restoring an Italia for 20 years while they quietly accumulate all the right items.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice basis for a rebuild, I dont think it made the reserve but was sold "by agreement" after the auction end?

Regards

Ian

PS I think it went to Austria?