Yup, looks nice. Guide price £23,000-28,000 seems not at all OTT, don't you think?

The description notes build number 30/1960 production yet it seems to have a TR4 valve cover, indicating a later engine? Not even likely one of the TSF-chassis late cars, which would have all been 83mm piston/TR3A-spec engines. Did I miss something there?

Sorry Paul !

http://www.subito.it/accessori-auto/fanali-lancia-appia-2-serie-1956-alessandria-76589616.htm

not very expensive, isn't it ?

but chuuuut, it's a secret !

on this site i bought last month a front bumper for my Italia...

it is just a question of luck !

Warm regards

Patrick

Sorry Paul !

http://www.subito.it/accessori-auto/fanali-lancia-appia-2-serie-1956-alessandria-76589616.htm

not very expensive, isn't it ?

but chuuuut, it's a secret !

on this site i bought last month a front bumper for my Italia...

it is just a question of luck !

Warm regards

Patrick

They arent even a pair.

Stuart.

Lenses are easy to find !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Italia-taillight-lens-set-/160669981656?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2568ad5bd8&vxp=mtr

and if you need 2 more :

http://www.subito.it/accessori-auto/fanalini-per-lancia-appia-2-serie-napoli-75528171.htm

and if you look closely :

http://www.subito.it/accessori-auto/vari-ricambi-lancia-siracusa-74436515.htm

the only problem is the price... but there is no real problems with Italia parts... but i'm still loooking for the front seats....

regards

Patrick

I´m selling this car. It´s been for sale for a while, but only on one website so not very active! Maybe the asking price was a bit high,maybe the car being in Madrid was a drawback, so have decided to put it in the NEC auction to let the market decide! The estimate was set by the auction house and should not be unreasonable.

Chassis plate no TS627271LC0. Vignale no is 030. Tell me where to look for the engine number and I´ll see what I can do! Rear lamp covers have been sourced and are with the car. The car is in the PDF catalogue the auction house sent, nicely positioned in mid Saturday auction, one lot before the e-Fangio Torino.

The body isn´t rust-free, but I´d say good by the standards of coachbuilt Italian cars. Panel fit etc is good, stance good, sides straight and not rippled, chassis very solid. It shows 69,000kms and interior suggests that the car hasn´t been used hard. Make no mistake, this is a restoration project. it is not a wreck, however, but very complete and unmessed-with, so should be a perfect candidate for a correct and sympathetic concours restoration.

I´ve tried hard to get some history on the car but came up with nothing to date. It has been in the proverbial "private collection" for many years, but in this case a massive collection in which an unrestored Triumph was completely ignored. They don´t even remember when they bought it or from whom. Note that lack of registration documentation may be a problem in some countries, but not in UK.

Martin,

Thanks for the background info and confirmation that the car is in the official catalogue.

I looked on the website and missed that fact that cars are split into 2 days - the hard copy catalogue arrived today and does indeed include this Italia.

The engine number is on the side of the engine block to the rear of the bolt for the coil. It is stamped on an oval casting on the block and you may need to scrape off the original factory (black) paint to read it.

I believe the commission number is actually TS 62727 LCO O - the extra 'O' on the end is partially obscured and indicates the car had an original (and rare for Italias) overdrive fitted.

If you choose to publish the engine number I may be able to confirm whether it is original to the car.

If original, the rocker cover will have a welded tab at the rear to attach the original (and vulnerable) temperature gauge line (Don's earlier post refers)

Like you I believe this car to be a genuine and exciting candidate for a full restoration.

I would be happy to assist anyboby who buys the car in further information or sources of parts and information.

I am still trying to persuade myself not to be rash and buy another Italia for myself.

This car appears to be in a very similar and complete condition to #102 which was discovered in California earlier this year and also being restored to come back to these shores in due course.

For reference the latest edition of Auto Italia magazine lists the silver Italia known as #82 at a reduced price of £80,000 including the relevant personal number '59TR.'

I have seen this car and it is in superb fully restored condition as befits an ex-Villa D'Este show car and concours prize winner.

It is undoubtedly one of the finest Italias on the planet and ready to take you in style anywhere you wish to go.

Again, I have further details for anyone interested. Considerably more money has been spent on this car than the asking price.

Absolutely no connection. Just a fan of the marque :)

Patrick,

I'm told by the world expert that Italia seats are very similar if not identical to those in an Alfa Guilietta (as are some other interior items)

Maybe this is worth pursuing as there were well over 100,000 Guiliettas made.

If nothing else, the seat frames would be an excellent starting point and I can put you in touch with accurate templates for the covers.

A couple of notes regarding seats:

• When restoring my car (#227), we concluded early that the seats were non-original
  • I was advised that a number of Italias were found specificaly to have Alfa Guilietta Sprint seats
  • I was able to source a pair and had them shipped to the shop working on my restoration
  • After receipt, the shop called to say the seats were too wide to fit in the car
  • We subsequently discovered that when used, these seats were sectioned down the middle, several inches of tubular steel were removed from the center to narrow each seat, and steel rods inserted in the cut tubing for strength
  • We replicated this process, guessing a bit on final seat width
  • Finished seats have shape and contour matching most Italia seat photos I've seen
  • No idea how many cars actually had these seats originally, but seems safe to say this was one seat source

Hello friends,

Giulietta sprint or spider seats are quite différent.

it's a pity to cut giulietta sprint seats ! and they are too expensive !

A friend in Belgium has made some modifying herald seats. I'll send picture soon ...

warm regards

Patrick

The best Italia seat pictures I know of are at:

http://www.adriansinnott.com/italia/italiaparts2.html

but these are the early style up to #180

There are also many pictures of the seat structure of #119 at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ugutsinda/6641720081/in/set-72157623918537133/

Leather was a (very rare) option fitted by the factory to at least one car.

So far we have only that one #94 RHD car with full factory specification and details recorded.

The seats in my #215 are the later type and I would be happy to photograph or measure them in detail if anyone needed the information.

As far as I know only these 2 variations of front seat were ever fitted to Italias and they may well be on the same seat frames and structure.

The rear bench seat was consistent throughout production.

Malocomotion -

I guess I'll respectfully disagree with regard to use of Alfa Giulietta Sprint seats in my Italia.

Two reliable sources verified these specific seats were found to have been used as original spec in some Italias (as were a number of other Alfa parts). As such, I think using them as a period-correct replacement for lost sets seems a completely responsible use.

The seats I used were not taken from a living Sprint, but purchased from a US supplier who had salvaged and stored them away a number of years ago.

As to cost, I paid $300 US per seat six years ago, which I thought was very reasonable. We did spend more to modify and reinforce them, but I spent far more for far less in the course of a12-year restoration.