A-Type overdrive with/without gearbox for TR5

Hi, I'm looking for an A-type overdrive to fit my "standard" gearbox TR5.

Or, I could be interested in an overdrive with gearbox.

I recently bought a gearbox with J-type overdrive from a 2500 saloon, but would rather have the correct parts for my car (I know the J-type parts may be stronger, but.....).

Does anyone have one, or know a man who might?

Very cautiously optimistic....

regards Bill

Hi Bill,

Got my gearbox converted to an Atype o/d by Tony Lynseydean of Kingston Sportcars a few years ago,

Nothing to do with me just a satified customer,

If you pm me I'll try and find you his number if you want it.

Cheers

Dave.

Hi , it was me that bought it, and its going this weekend with the non overdrive box, to be made into one unit.

So thanks for that.

Good luck in your search bill, maybe overdrive services of sheffield are worth a call......a friend has used them and was very happy.

Cheers.

Conrad.

Thanks for your advice so far.

I've found the contact info for Tony at Kingston Sportscars off the internet, so I'll call him later.

I've also been in touch with Mike Papworth earlier this year - a few different options from Mike to think about.

And, I've contacted Mike at Classic Sports Cars who responded to an earlier thread (last month) for an A type overdrive - more options here as well.

I'd like to keep this thread going in case anyone else out there has an overdrive which I might use or trade in against a reconditioned unit. I'm still keeping my options open.......

regards

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...