I think that one of the best and cheapest anti-theft devices was used during the war.

It was compulsory for every car owner to remove the rotor from the distributor.

I shall certainly add this method to my existing anti-theft devices when my TR comes back on the road.

It may sound a little tedious but not as tedious as trying to find your stolen TR.

Every little helps!!

Tom.

Edited by Fireman049

Hi

I was only thinking the other day about the cars stolen list on here and the fact that nobody has reported any recovered which is a worry, except I remember a yellow 6 being found not far from the house it was taken from incase it had a tracker fitted.

The removal of the rota arm will stop an opportunist tea leaf but if someone has been planning the theft they can bring a spare,tow it or trailer it away.

On holiday in Spain this year with the 4 when it was out of site or at night in hotel car parks I removed the rota arm and used a large chain motorcycle lock through the front wire wheel and the chassis/suspension and turned off the fuel tap at the tank (fitted by P O) which is a bit awkward..

Phil...

Even better, how about substituting a good rotor arm for one of the duff varieties, it should fool them for long enough to go elsewhere?

Hi Phil & cvtrian ~

I note your comments. I've fitted my 3A with a bonnet lock which is preferable to the Dzuz (easily opened) locks.

Lets face it, if the "cream of society" are going to tow your car away ~ then away it goes!! If these nonces can easily break into Buckingham Palace and sit on the Queen's bed, what chance do we mere mortals have against them?

If I lived in America I would certainly own a powerful handgun!

We, as TR owners, have a duty to ourselves and the Club to make life difficult for these nonces!

Visual deterrents such as 'Krooklock' must surely help.

As an aside, my mate went to stay in Liverpool and I lent him my Krooklock. Next morning he went to his car and found

that the scouser's had broken into his car and stolen the Krooklock!!! :lol: :lol::lol:

Tom. ;)

Edited by Fireman049

The problem Is the ause holes target a car, they have a transit and winch it in

Often at classic car meetings

Gone for ever

Break it for parts or smuggle it to Japan

I have been thinking about making the Bonet pule on the 6 into an alarm

If an opportunist come along and pulled the bonnet pule the horn would blow

I have fitted a secret ignition switch wired into the loom

But it wouldn't stop a transit

Pink

RogerH ~

Surely the New Labour so called 'government' would ban such offensive weapons of mass destruction?

I, amongst millions of legal British firearms holders, were deprived of our weapons when 'Halleluiah Blair' decided to

end firearms offences once and for all, by banning all firearms!!! (it seems that only nonces are now allowed to carry firearms!!).

I wonder how old 'Halleluiah Blair' would be quite so popular in America if he tried to ban their firearm ownership???

Tom. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

OK I know it will not stop it being lifted or towed but it might just stop the opportunist.

I have fitted a bonnet lock and ditched the original pull handle.

A key operated isolator for the battery

The steering column can be locked within the engine compartment.

The petrol cap is also locking.

Smart water forensic coating throughout.

Tom,

It may have slipped your notice but "New Labour "are now not in government.

Mick Richards

Buy/obtain a cheap PAYG sim, put a little credit on it, put it in an old mobile phone, fully charged and on silent, hide it somewhere in the car when you leave it, and register the number with www.followus.co.uk for a small fee (there may be others offering this service too). Use this as a tracker if the car is stolen, which you can do online.

If leaving for long periods, you could wire in a charger for the phone, so it does not go flat. Just make sure it is out of site, hidden, and on silent.

You now have a form of tracker for just a few pounds, and peace of mind.

The "peace of mind" may well be illusory, unfortunately.

Professional thieves account for a significant proportion of classic vehicle thefts, and the first thing these chaps are likely to do is to approach the target vehicle with a wideband jammer, before placing it inside the vehicle and then stealing said vehicle by whatever means. The jammer is probably capable of blocking any signals from the target vehicle at five paces, a really good jamming device at twenty five. Whatever tracking system is fitted can be working its butt off, but its signals are going nowhere.

Cheers

Alec

I suspect my paint job will put the thieves off.

Now, if only your paint job could be programmable - something like this ...

One mode for driving, shows, proud owner etc., one mode for theft deterent!

Richard

Now, if only your paint job could be programmable - something like this ...

One mode for driving, shows, proud owner etc., one mode for theft deterent!

Richard

Stick-on rust for instance:

http://dominicwilcox.com/portfolio/anti-theft-carbike-device/

Peel it off for concours, stick it in the competition.