Have a 73 cr which will only run on tickover after a 15 Mile run. If tried to rev it cuts out. Fuel pressure at steady 100psi but does dip when i try to rev it. Recently had it timed at Local garage to reduce pinking. Have found that advancing the timing using the vernier scale to halfway the car will rev clean though seems to pink. Changing coil makes no difference.

Recently replaced all Fuel system with prestige set up.

Looking for ideas as best approach, already sick of the car as,darent go anywhere without it breaking down. With this apparent timing issue worried about causing damage to engine.

It has lumenition electronic ignition and it appears to have the original distributor and i use valvoline additive

Cheers

Martin

Sounds as if your electrical supply isnt up to the job and 100psi isnt enough, it should be 105 at all times.

Stuart.

Hi Martin,

as Stuart suggests the pressure may need upping.

Have you done a volts check on the pump on tickover and rev'ing.

Have you done a spray pattern test on the injectors.

The pinking could be caused by oil in the combustion chamber and the garage has made the mixture too weak - what is the general state of the engine.

Roger

Thanks for the replies so far. Should point out that Fuel pressure is actually 105. Car starts first pull and runs very well at 105psi until it gets hot. If i Advance timing Fuel does not falter and revs ok, if i then back the timing off then it won't run.