Images from VTR National Convention / Triumphest, San Francisco Bay Area, October 2013

Here are some images of the cars and the venues at the 2013 Vintage Triumph Register Convention / Triumphest at from October 2-6, 2013, courtesy of one of the attendees, David Gunn. The hosts this year were the Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club (http://www.triumphtravelers.org/), the Triumph marque club in the Bay Area.

flyerbackground.jpg

I wasn't able to attend -- it's sort of like having the TRR IWE be a 4000 mile round trip for the weekend. And I live in the middle of our country! You'll see a powder blue TR3 in some of the photos that did make the ride (on a trailer) from our local club to the west coast. Dedicated Triumph folk.

You'll also see the club scene is a little more inclusive over here -- it's hard for us to draw a line between "TR" and "Triumph" in the US. Heck, our local show is the "All-British Car Show" where any British marque of any age is welcome.

Enjoy the pix.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgunn/sets/72157636342731323/

PS. Excuse the tags. This system is kind of stupid right now -- where's the "all models" tag?

...You'll also see the club scene is a little more inclusive over here -- it's hard for us to draw a line between "TR" and "Triumph" in the US. Heck, our local show is the "All-British Car Show" where any British marque of any age is welcome.

That's exactly the sort of All-Triumph event many of us would love to see and support here, but until the people running the fragmented Standard and Triumph clubs grow up and start working together it will never happen.

Page 1, row 8

......the wiring under the bonnet of my tr3 is definitely 'unclear' in comparison !

Page 1, row 8

......the wiring under the bonnet of my tr3 is definitely 'unclear' in comparison !

Mine too! I wondered if that might be the 400 amp alternator upgrade... It sure looks capable of 10x my original.

Thanks for the photos, Don,

I am planning to do Triumphest next year, will be a long drive from here, but I noticed that there were a few BC cars amongst the photos.

Cheers

Graeme

Graeme,

Yes, there were - and one UK resident Register member (not me) shared a drive in a 250 all the way from New Hampshire!

An excellent event, very well organised, with some great cars and of course California sunshine. The concours judging took place outdoors at the Marin Yacht Club, hence the boats.

Mike

Don

Thanks for that, helps to show TRiumph are alive and well in the Colonies.

Particularly liked:

The Beta Grille

Kitty rebuild

Electric Mayflower

Stretched Mayflower with the Queen.

The surrey type top, ideal for here in Spain, and as said before,

Page 1 row 8.

Graeme

I think I would like to do the same trip (sadly not in my TR3A) from Vernon, how far is it? Next year it is definately Stelvio et al for us two.

Davre

Great cars an great pics. Thanks for posting this! I'm glad I've a finished car: there are some interesting features on some cars I certainly would consider if I was planning a rebuild! P1/r8 picture: looks like my 'Advance Auto Wire' set up!

Menno

P1020252.jpg

P1020313.jpg

Great pics Don. That blue Italia looks like one recently rebuilt in San Luis Obispo, CA. A squirt in the red TR3 V8 would be gangs of fun.

Wonder why the silver tribute to MVC575 with metal cockpit cover and spats wasn't built as a TR2 ?.

These are always great events when the weather Gods smile, as with ours the weekend before last.

Rgds,

Viv.