Well spotted; shame about the price. The Italia at TRGB is worse, maybe but £10k worse ?

The Italia at Coventry Transport Museum is just lovely and oh, how I would like an Italia. And

oh how I wish I could afford one !

Rob

I think thats the one that was pulled out of a container somewhere in the US a couple of years ago having been badly stored for a lot of years.

Stuart.

If the rust is just surface rust

and it has at least most of the unobtanium parts,

then by Italia standards, maybe not a bargain but

maybe a go-er.

Question really is - how much rot, as against

surface rust - is there.

AlanR

Patrick,

Originality first indeed and this car does have the potential to be a concours winner with enough time and cash.

Despite the initial impressions the car is very complete, with original glass, dashboard, interior, seats, trim, engine etc.

The steel bodies always require substantial work and must be done by a competent sheet metal worker from scratch as no replacement panels are available but at least here the shell is intact and appears reasonably straight apart from the passenger A post area.

My comment about chassis was prompted by the gorgeous dark blue Italia #301 posted by Brydon which was restored very recently as a 'good driving car' by British Sports Cars in San Luis Obispo. This already had a TR4 chassis which they sorted and together with overdrive, wider track on the front, modern tyres and an uprated engine he says it really does deliver on the original promise of a long legged GT.

You 'pays your money...' as they say and it will be interesting over time to see how Italias fare in the 'originality versus practicality' stakes.

Either way it is great to see them becoming appreciated and for the values to make them worth saving from the scrap heap or parts bin.

I will have a bet now this one is saved to add to the list of Itlalias driving in the way the factory intended.

yes a lot of good bits there but no bumpers and no number plate lamp, 5k to start with if you can find them, and yes paul you are probably correct the bottom 12" will need replacing ,and it will all need to be hand made,if anybody is considering it .mine is fully stripped at present happy to show what will be involved

graham