If your heater elbow hoses decide to give up the ghost in the back and beyond do you think that you can

turn in to the nearest garage and get a replacement? I don't think so.

I've modified my heater connections, both inside the cab and in the engine bay, as you'll see from

the photo's, using copper fittings then you can use an ordinary straight piece of hose as a replacement.

Tom.

PS:~ All the fittings have been fitted with 'swages' to prevent the hose slipping off!

DSCF2403.jpg

DSCF2256.jpg

DSCF2253.jpg

DSCF1830.jpg

Edited by Fireman049

Hi Tom,

I like your inventivnocity.

However keep an eye on the pipe/elbow on the lefthand side and the steel pipe at the pump end.

As the engine vibrates from side to side the straight (stiff) rubber pipe may cause the elbow to fracture or the steel heater pipe to fracture/leak at the pump end :o

Roger

You might also want to do this as it makes it easier with a straight hose to replace when straight as opposed the the vertical original. Clayton matrix used. Also note the hose of SHMBO vacuum cleaner hose!.Fitted perfectly with some self amalgamating tape round the demister tube.

CIMG0827.jpg

Edited by Rodbr

You might also want to do this as it makes it easier with a straight hose to replace when straight as opposed the the vertical original. Clayton matrix used. Also note the hose of SHMBO vacuum cleaner hose!.Fitted perfectly with some self amalgamating tape round the demister tube.

CIMG0827.jpg

You won't regret that heater upgrade Rod, we are lovely and warm with our heater with Clayton matrix.

Hi Roger ~

Thank you for your positive response. With reference to the 'stiff' rubber pipe, I use the more flexible Silicon hose which in itself is longer lasting but bearing in mind your constructive comments I may well further modify the set-up. Watch this space!!

The cost of Silicon elbow hoses is just ridiculous!!

Tom.

Edited by Fireman049

I had to adopt a similar approach on the RHS where I have fitted HS6 cars on a TR4a manifold. The float chamber on the rearmost carb clashed with the heater pipe if I used the original fitting. I fabricated a firewall fitting with a 90 deg bend using plumbing fittings, but made sure that i had enough flex in the rubber pipe that connected it to the engine to accommodate the engine rocking on its mounts.

Rgds Ian