Checking Overdrive Oil Pressure

Time to sort out my non-operating A type overdrive. Can anybody confirm the size and thread type necessary to connect a suitable pressure gauge so that I can confirm what, if any, pressure I'm getting? If that turns out to be OK, then I can work my way through all the other suspect areas.

Thanks

GoGuy

Be in here along with loads of other useful stuff:

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/AOD/AOD4/AOD4.htm

Hi Alan,

Sadly the info. is not clear in their Part 4 - it only refers to an adapter they made to fit another adapter previously fitted! I know that I have seen the info. I'm looking for some time ago on this TR Reg. site, but so far can't turn it up.

Regards

GoGuy

What we have all been doing is getting a spare plug and joining the gauge to it with an adaptor.

The plug also retains the sping and plunger so I dont think you can simply screw a gauge in directly.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that suggestion - seems like a sensible solution.

Regards

GoGuy

If you get a plug but cant join the gauge to it get in touch and I'll help you out.

If you check the photo of the one I made then you will see that you also need to ensure the gauge clears the top-cover.

Edited by AlanT