Wheel sizes

Hi there, got my old painted wires on eBay and been asked if they are 15 x 5. The invoice for the new chromes says 15 x 4.5. Just worried, should I have measured them and put size in advert? If new ones are 4.5 will the old ones be 4.5? Something else to learn........

Been reading up on here how to clean the new ones, 4 hours, phew!

Christine

Paul, the 5 1/2" was fitted as standard to TR6. TR4/4A/5/250 used 4 1/2" steel wheels as standard or wire 60 spoke items.

A recent thread on the TR5 forum raised the myth (again) that TR5 used 5 " when in fact it probably did not.

The 5" seem to have been after market accessories or swap overs from the contemporary vehicle MGC. There are alloys mentioned in the special accessories section of the TR5 parts book.

Peter W

Hello Chrisine, you don't need to spend 4 hrs cleaning your wire wheels, as long as you can get them off the car, use MWS Wire Wheel Cleaning Kit, takes me an hour to do all 4 wheels!! Cheers, Andrew

Christine,

Cleaning of the wires ....... someone on the forum recently suggested using 'Muc Off' (readily available from Halfords etc), so I tried it and it's super stuff !! Easy to use as a pump spray bottle ....follow the instructions.... just spray on, and then hose off, a quick wipeover = clean and shiny. It's also cheap and will do loads of cleans.

Mike.