Back to Black

Hi Steve; I assume that means you've "dealt"

Cheers

Allan

Hi

Did I read somewhere that the best finish for TR7 bumpers and trim is Stove Black Polish?

Did I imagine that and are there other recommendations?

Steve

Well I have not heard of that being used on TR7 bumpers, Steve, but I guess you could try it.

Personally I have always found Autoglym Bumper Care (the green gel like stuff) to work very well, on both the UK spec plastic bumper & the US spec rubber bumper, as well as the other external black plastic trim, & the sunroof material.

Back in the day Barry Sheene used to advertise Dynaglaze Back to Black with the strap line "go on, spoil'er".

It worked well. These days I use Concept Valeting Gel, more than satisfied. however, stove black paint worked wonders on the Victorian fireplace, I think it won't be flexible enough for the bumpers though.

One of the tips commonly talked about over here (although one I have yet to try personally) is Kiwi liquid black shoe polish. There are probably similar products that would work as well.

It's reported to give good color that lasts a LONG time. It sounds reasonable to the polymer scientist in me, too.