Cure found for Crank Case Pressure while on Club Run!

Finally found a reliable cure for oil leaks from crank case pressure......Leave the oil cap off when driving. I did on the last TR Club run not a drop out the bottom of the engine, I wont say what the bonnet looks like now but at least it wont rust!

Well, it's an idea. Plus, if you combine this with the ventilation duct open, your hair looks even better than with H & S. Matter of fact there's even some oil left for the Missus hairdo.

Life in the slick lane.

I'd rather go the Kastner way.

Badfrog, Hell greaser ....

Alfie,

did a similar thing once, on a Dolly Sprint - left the oil cap off by accident.

Realised something was wrong when the oil started to emerge from the rear of the bonnet edge and land on the windscreen !

Took an age to get that lot cleaned up. :blink:

Bob

Finally found a reliable cure for oil leaks from crank case pressure......Leave the oil cap off when driving. I did on the last TR Club run not a drop out the bottom of the engine, I wont say what the bonnet looks like now but at least it wont rust!

Alfie

Made me laugh, but in a good way, been there done that. last time I heard the tinkle as the cap clattered down through the bay onto the garage floor!

• 3 weeks later...

Long pipe from rocker box down the side of the engine and into the air stream works a treat. - The racers can add a 1 litre fizzy pop bottle to the end of it to satisfy scrutineering.

If you have an IRS car you could route it into the chassis near the trailing arm mounts as an attempted corrosion inhibitor.

I can see it now

+Upgrade kit +

Scientifically proven, continuous anti corrosion kit - yours for £199.99

MOT man would never guess the fumes were coming out the chassis rails rather than the engine vent.....

Cheers

Peter W