How to locate a car??

I would like to find the whereabouts of my old TR7, the DVLA are very unhelpful due to data protection. Wondered if anyone on here knows anything about it. It's a 1980 Tr7 FHC in Inca Yellow. Reg No. RGF658V. I sold it in 1995. It's been Sorn for a number of years.

Any info would be appreciated.

Andy

Hi Andy,

there is a section of the Forum dedicated to finding old TR's via the membership/Forum users. Go back to the top and use the vehicle registration as the Title of your post, most likely way for the existing owners to see it and reply to you - if he's on here that is.

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/forum/14-whatever-happened-to/

The other way to find if the car is still taxed is via this DVLA link:

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/enquiry?execution=e2s1

Reg No. and manufacturer is all you need to run then enquiry

RESULT:

Date of Liability 01 10 2014 Date of First Registration 12 06 1980 Year of Manufacture 1980 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998cc CO₂ Emissions Not Available Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status SORN Not Due Vehicle Colour YELLOW Vehicle Type Approval Not Available Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £123.75 12 Months Rate £225.00

cheers

Bob

EDIT: Andy, sorry that page times out so just go up a level and re-select the 'Vehicle Enquiry' Tab

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/home/intro

Edited by OldBob

Write a letter to the owner stating your reasons for looking for it!!

Then send it in a stamped but open envelope,"So the DVLA can read it" along with a request letter to the DVLA to forward it on to the current registered owner,not forgetting to state the details of the car in question,also enclose a chq for £5 payable to the DVLA.

You may be lucky and they will contact you,but you never know,they may just ignore it.

I did this when looking for the owner of a 1967 VW with the reg PLK 1E that had been off the road for 26yrs.

Luckily about 1 month later he replied and we made contact,!!

I bought the car which only needed light recomissioning,and transferred the reg to my Rover P6.

The VW,which turned out to be a rare Karmann Ghia RHD was easily sold on and I ended up with a perfect poser reg number for free!