Protek Rack and pinion conversion

I purchased a rack and pinion conversion from Glen Hewitt at Protek some time ago and i am only just now putting it together. Its is a relatively straightforward procedure but I need some advice re- the setting up of the steering levers. I am aware that the left and right lever need to be transposed but I could do with some advice regarding the sequence of spacers supplied by Protek and the length of the bolts required to effect the increase in angle. Did Glen ever supply written instructions? I have contacted Glen who has been most helpful but I am very much aware that people earning a living in this business have a limited amount of time to answer foolish questions. It would be good to have a diagram or some basic instructions so I did not have to trouble anyone beyond this forum.

David

Not sure how similar your conversion kit is to the Moss supplied variant, but here's the extract from the Moss instructions which relates to the steering arms:

Swap the LH and RH steering arms, i.e. offer the LH one up on the RH side reassemble these back onto the upright, the original
way up, using the original spacer and bolt at the front. Fit the new spacer and longer bolt at the rear, and tighten fully, ensuring
the locktabs (106641) are effective.

You can download the full instructions for the Moss kit from their website - just Google 'TTK3000_INST.pdf'

Hope this helps

Malcolm

Essentially you need the track rod ends to be as close to the back of the disc as possible without fouling to give you the right amount of bump steer and lock.

Stuart.