Useless So Called Upgrade Parts ?

No paperwork? :wacko::o

No - just their own part number but I've asked what they were buying in at the time (now about 7 years ago) and they don't know.

Still, mustn't complain, it's a good engine and I've no quarrels with the rest of the rebuild from what was basically a good-looking heap of scrap metal with an engine full of broken shrapnel. It's just that several people have been interested in the engine spec and I can't help them.

TR4 Tony------typo!

Surely you were referring to the Panto Grib £200 (two metal plates and some springs)"LSD"? Or was that Phantom Grope..

Gripper makes the only LSD that works, since Quaife bought out Tran-X & c+cked those up too!

Indeed .... iPad spellcheck .... Add it to the useless stuff. Phantom gripper grope rubbish .....

Original TRANX or Salisbury in my experience are the only LSD's that actuall limit slip in a beneficial manner .... The rest appear to be chocolate teapots

Alloy water pump housings are superb .... You just need to fit and shim the pump impellers properly ? I've never had any trouble with mine and much less crud in the water as a consequence

Alloy water pump housings are superb .... You just need to fit and shim the pump impellers properly ? I've never had any trouble with mine and much less crud in the water as a consequence

The original if in good nick works fine for over 100,000miles road use if maintained correctly

TR4 Tony------typo!

Surely you were referring to the Panto Grib £200 (two metal plates and some springs)"LSD"? Or was that Phantom Grope..

Gripper makes the only LSD that works, since Quaife bought out Tran-X & c+cked those up too!

Indeed .... iPad spellcheck .... Add it to the useless stuff. Phantom gripper grope rubbish .....

Original TRANX or Salisbury in my experience are the only LSD's that actuall limit slip in a beneficial manner .... The rest appear to be chocolate teapots

The Quaife LSD on my 7 is fine and dandy, enhances spirited driving. The waterless coolant and silicone hoses helped in 40 degree traffic jams.

However, the chromed bonnet closure was a triumph of vanity over sanity! The rally harness is OTT and I should replace it with a new belt and stalk.

Just my opinion.

Jo

here is another useless piece of junk.

A onboard Hydrogen from Water Converter,...these things usually appear on the market

when petrol prices rocket,.......steer clear of them.

• 2 weeks later...

On a TR3 ...

Heater

1 1/2" dia hands free mobile phone speaker mounted under the dash (yup my PO put one in on a TR3 - I just imagine him driving along with his head under the dash going WHAAAAAAAAT WHAAAAAAAAT)

Hood stick cover (that just flaps about)

In the UK, anything chrome

Leather dash trim

Edited by McMuttley

Isn't that a flux capacitor from a DeLorean ?

I find that the engine heat and petrol fumes make the cockpit nice and comfy ..... zzzzzzzzzzz........

• 2 weeks later...

Uprated heaters for the later cars.

Whilst they have a new core and an new motor the technology is not really much of an improvement on the standard and no way can it be equated to a modern car heater.

The manufacturers admit that, unlike their kit for the TR2/3 which is much more modern in construction, most TR6 owners won't really notice much of an improvement if their existing heater was in good condition!

Presumably this is a space constraint.