Useless So Called Upgrade Parts ?

Sadly Paul due to regulations if you compete you need an oil catch tank/breather......

Thermostat control for oil cooler needed because engine runs too cool!

Over complicated electronic ignition systems when a basic magnetic pick up type works just as well for most cars at less than half the price

External oil feed delivers too much oil and exists breather, reduced the delivery hole.

BUT 2nd hand ally rad very good value and great, nudge, nudge Neil!!

AND Fan kit from Steve Hall with beautiful laser cut mounting brackets with stat and relay works great. Make unknown!!

Don't get too into this thread that you forget to say when you get something thats good

John Worthing

Edited by TR24178

Nice one Neil,

Most of the above have been fitted on Mine :angry:.

P.S and its red.........BUGGER :P

Edited by Clarkey

Now I'll take issue with two of the above!

Ally rad. Just fitted one to my Vitesse (I know, no interest to TRs, but hang on) Original pattern rad £270, and I know they are cheaply made in China, because the rad man I go to said it wasn't worth repairing. So, the alloy Honda CR rad I fitted cost £70. No brainer, really.

And, no thermostat for the oil cooler - if you fit an oil cooler (see above). IF, you do, and IF you drive it on the road, then a 'stat is esential, else the engine oil will never get to optimum temperature. IF you race, then you don't need one - who spends minutes, even seconds in a traffic queue in a race?

And a positive performance mod? A 6-3-1 exhaust manifold.

John

Edited by john.r.davies