Lovely Beige TR3

You never know what will show up at Duryea Day - Boyertown, PA - held every year on the Saturday preceding Labor Day.This TR3 was restored per factory build record and wears a beige exterior - the first I have ever seen!
The owner bought the car in 1968 for $75. It had been illegally parked and then towed by the city.

THE PROUD OWNER

DSC_5778_zps7919ce3a.jpg

VERY CLEAN ENGINE BAY (note lower bulkhead brass tag made by yours truly)

DSC_5796_zps5e9c51f0.jpg

SAME INTERIOR COLOUR AS THE GREY LADY

DSC_5790_zps7c88c12b.jpg

DSC_5793_zps338cd2a2.jpg

DSC_5787_zpsa3e96239.jpg

ME CHATTING WITH THE OWNER (white cap)

DSC_5770_zpsfee209c0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yes, TKV 1....in the 70's a lovely car, then belonging to the enigmatic Roger Seal...he stored it away about 30 years ago and then later mysteriously disappeared himself, leaving all his various TRs untended in lock up garages, and thereby hangs a tale.......many years later the owners of the various garages got a bit fed up with receiving no rent, and one by one the cars were sold to recover what was due....this happened to TKV1 so I believe, and whoever acquired it "liberated" the valuable reg no which I think is now on a modern...as to where this beige beauty(not so good by then, I'll bet) went, I never heard tell....never did know what the TS number was, but the car would have been new and first registered in July 1957.....Roger had loads of Stanpart spares and rare goodies he'd collected over the years too, also in the lock-ups....some were found, but there may still be unknown garages out there containing some of his treasure......now there's a quest ! Bill P.

My first love was a Healey blue 100/4 which I drove straight through from Flossmoor, Illinois to Kennebunkport, Maine after graduating from high school. A lovely lady spotted me driving through the "Port" and gave chase in her '63 MG Midget. That was 46 years ago, and we've been together since. Good things happen to people that drive good English cars!

Ashley, you've got a very interesting website. I am in disbelief regarding the amount of sheet metal work you endured on your 3A! I am about to dismember MGTC 7794EXU for a strip/respray and your efforts are an inspiration!

Bob Brennan

S. Freeport, ME

Ah yes, TKV 1....in the 70's a lovely car,.... Bill P.

Mr P, thank you for the detailed reply, more than expected, both amazing and sad in a sense.

Also, I can remember this day, there were some more shiny TRs in the concours (as VYP88, for instance), but I was rather impressed by this one, it had none of the usual gadgets , but gave you the feeling it was a car on which you can trust.

Best regards.

Guy

Bob

Thanks for the kind words, the TR3A was pretty dire and lots of bodgery well concealed, but we go rusty over here and TRs were valueless til recently. The Healey was reasonably corrosion free but badly restored, so that's been a lot of work too.

I had a short drive in it last night and it felt good.

When we got married, my wife and I both had Healeys, so fond memories.