TR6 PI Rolling Road results: 30/8/2013.

Dear All,

Just wanted to share my RR results, which was complete at Peter Burgesses today.

BTW: No business connection with PB, just a very satisfied customer, who spent time completing power runs in my TR6. Peter performed the last power run after the inital engine build.

Engine specification:-

• Saloon ribbed block.
  • +40 AE pistons.
  • Carrillo rods.
  • Newman custom grind cam
  • Newman steel followers
  • Cam bearings installed in block.
  • Lightweight steel flywheel.
  • 10:1 CR Peter Burgess modified head, and valves.
  • Uprated valve springs.
  • 6-3-1 Race exhaust manifold (matched to head).
  • 2.5" race exhaust system.
  • Rebuilt fuel injection system (Prestige Developments). Bosch pump. MU calibrated to cam.
  • Mechanical fan and crank extension removed, and saloon item inserted.
  • Custom K & N air filter arrangement, which replaces original air filter canister. Still utilse trunking and standard sized plenum.
  • Standard rebuilt distributor, using contact breaker points.
  • Magnecore HT leads
  • Lucas Sports coil.

Engine made 163BHP @ rear wheels & 193BHP @ flywheel and 178.5lbs ft torque at the wheels.

Engine pulls from idle and to the end of the rev counter without complaint. No pinking or misfires. PB advised it is one of the best sounding TR6 PI cars he has had on his RR.

Engine and car built by Robert Forster Motor engineers in Nottingham.

I am delighted, and happy to share my experience during the rebuild with others.

Cheers.

Edited by TRTOM2498PI

Nice power that Tom. Just as you would expect with the spec of your engine :)

Hi John,

Malcolm @ Prestige Developments set the MU. The higher lift camshaft / profile requires additional fuel, so Malcolm adjusts the MU. I sent him my cam profile via e-mail attachment, and he built me one based on his experience and cam profile.

I am not sure if there is additional amendments required, but if you call on him, he will explain all.

Cheers.

Neil

I see after my 18 month absence from the Forum, while busy rebuilding the house, that you have lost none of your well honed sceptical nature!

My TR6 race car is one of the the last ones running Lucas PI. Most others on Triple Webers. Admittedley it has steel crank, rods, etc., etc. but it's probably running no faster revs than Tom's, just doing it with a better factor of safety. That produces significantly more power than Tom's on 2 different Rolling Roads so it is possible.

Tom

You must be pleased with that. I'd be pleased to see those graphs that you mention. I know you've got my mobile number, you've used it umpteen times to ask for race tickets.

Are you at the TRGB Blyton track day on Tuesday 3rd Sept?

Dave McD.

Hi Dave,

I was contacted by TRGB to attend, but I am off on the CT 10 Countries run the following day, so didn't want to tempt fate. ! It is a shame, as wanted to do that, and off work anyway.

Are you racing at Oulton next. ?

Sorry could not make Donington, but was sunning it in Ibiza.

Cheers.

Hi Andy,

See you Thursday, and test drive no issue. The car performance has changed quite a bit since you last drove it on the Stelvio. I am up on power, basing on same rolling road etc.

Hi Dave,

See you there, and will drop you a text message ref tickets :)

Cheers.

Edited by TRTOM2498PI