Brake Servo Non Return Valve

Hi Everyone,

I'm new on here and new to the TR5. I recently got a TR5 and have been giving it a service and clean up ready for MOT and putting it back on the road, however the Brake Servo Non Return Valve has broken and I need another one but can't seem to source one, Rimmer Brothers, Moss etc don't have them and say they have been discontinued, I need the bayonet type from the Lockheed servo new or used as long as it is working. Can anybody help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome.

The servo take off adapter ADU1402, item 16 here: http://www.moss-euro...87&SortOrder=17, has a non-return valve fitted, is a replacement for 149487 on a TR5/6, and makes the one in the servo redundant.
Good to get one anyway as some folk have found their new servos don't have return valves fitted and it protects the servo from blow-back.

Stan

Can you superglue it?

If not, I have a used one spare, however don't know type and can check next week. If it is the bayonet type you can have it unless you get one before.

BTW, what do we call you?

Stan

Edited by smizgals

Lol, how rude I didnt introduce myself!! My names Jon.

I've lost count of the ammount of people I have phoned trying to get one so I am running out of ideas now! I did try and glue it but it came apart just after it was refitted with the pipe. I am going to have another go at gluing it tonight as I have bought some new glue and though I might try and melt the outer edge with a soldering iron to try and give it a bit more strength where it has snapped.

If you could check for me that would be brilliant and if you have one I would be more than happy to pay for it. Unfortunatly I need it yesterday (the car was booked for MOT but I have canceled it now) so the sooner you can check the better (sorry I dont want to push my luck as you are helping me out but I need a rough idea of when I can complete the car or figure out a workaround...!).

Thanks for your responses so far and the offer of help, it is greatly appreciated!!

Jon

Jon

You will not get one. You need to drill the innards out and glue the snap point back together,then get an inline one from minisport, remember you will need to rotate it to remove.

Edited by ntc
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...