TR4a JXD 876D

Hi all,

I was just reading through the August 2013 issue of TRaction, and on page 3 there's a picture taken at Malvern of the 'Beta' 917 HP ......... and parked up right behind it is my first 4a reg no JXD 876D.

I've checked the DVLA site several times over the years to see if JXD is still around, but it looks like it's 'gone' in about 2000/01 time - when it was described as Green (instead of Valencia Blue + shadow blue interior when I owned it).

Just wondered if anyone is aware if it is still lurking unknown to DVLA - or indeed any history post 1974 when I sold it ?

Cheers,

Mike.

Its still on the road. DVLA search shows

Date of Liability 01 03 2001 Date of First Registration 12 04 1966 Year of Manufacture 1966 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2138cc CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker Y Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour GREEN Vehicle Type Approval

Not Available

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the reply .........as DVLA showed the date of liability as being in 2001, I thought it meant that the car had been due for RFL/SORN at that time - but hadn't been. Hence I decided it had probably "gone"........however I bow to your knowledge in these matters, and am now intrigued to re-discover it - or it's history !

Still surprised it changed from valencia blue to green though ............. but I guess a DVLA typo is easier to achieve than a total colour change respray etc !!

Mike.