Gorgeous White TR2 spotted yesterday in Sussex

I think it's the first time in the 7 years that I've owned my TR2 that I've actually seen another one on the road as opposed to at classic car show.

Yesterday I spotted a gorgeous cream TR2 with colour coded wires and areoscreens travelling on the South Coast road (A259) near Brighton torwards Newhaven. It being towed behind a campervan on a trailer wearing foreign plates. It was mint. Maybe on their way to the ferry port ... going home.

I thought what a great way to spend a holiday. Pitch your campervan and then explore the place in your TR2.

Lucky lucky.

Edited by Devs

To be fair, it was German registered I think, and I'm sure that they would have made a holiday of the trip across to the IWE. So to trailer the TR behind the camper each way seems fair enough to me, assuming the TR was used as intended whilst here.

Rod

Are there many TR owners in Sussex? I have been seeing a lovely white tr2 in Worthing (where I live) over the last couple of week.

Also, for anyone interested, I am arranging a little car meet in Worthing once a month. If anyone is interested do let me know. At the moment I am driving my blue Amazon so if anyone sees me do give me a wave.

thanks mark

Hey Mark, I'm in Seaford and have a 54 long door and a 55 TR2. Both currently off the road (one much longer than the other) as I'm currently enjoying my 63 Alfa. Be on the road soon..... just not enough hours in the weekend to concentrate on all of them!

are you hoping to get both back on the road? As your so close, hopefully will get to meet up at some point. I am currently driving a 66 Volvo Amazon, although that is up for sale and will be getting my 64 Volvo 1800 in the next few months, which I am very excited about. the tr2 and 3 were a spur of the moment purchase. They need ALOT of work and wont be moving for a while lol. I am trying to get a list of parts together.

thanks mark

Hi

Quite a few T.R.s in Sussex see S.D.G I am in Barcombe Just north of Lewes and drive a green 3A with a yellow nose band and hardtop which I have had for 30 years and use almost every day including 2/3 French trips per year it is not wrapped up in cotton wool and spends most of its life outside I also have a F.H.TR7 ( not used ) and my son who also lives in the village has a White T.R.4.A Dove and a T.R.3 which is undergoing a rebuild

Roy

Sorry guys, I didn't get a notification of a PM and my computer crashes when I try and open the little message. The Alfa is a 1963 101 Giulia Spider, which I reckon is one of the prettiest cars around. It's one of very few original RHD cars remaining. It's multiple colours as it's still on a rolling restoration, so plenty of work to do.

IMAG2294.jpg

Peter, I will join the South Downs Group one day soon when the car manages to venture out of the garage under it's own power!

Edited by Devs

Tis pretty. Only showed you the front as the doors are green metal flake!

If I wasn't away this weekend I'd say yes. Next time?

I sold my 67 Amazon (2 door B18) last year. Nice cars. Rock solid.

Hi

Quite a few T.R.s in Sussex see S.D.G I am in Barcombe Just north of Lewes and drive a green 3A with a yellow nose band and hardtop which I have had for 30 years and use almost every day including 2/3 French trips per year it is not wrapped up in cotton wool and spends most of its life outside I also have a F.H.TR7 ( not used ) and my son who also lives in the village has a White T.R.4.A Dove and a T.R.3 which is undergoing a rebuild

Roy

...and if you're in the western half of Sussex, then the Goodwood group has a good selection of TR's. There were 14 I think in the car park at the George in Eartham for our meeting on Tuesday night (third Tuesday of the month) including a 2, a number of 4's (one a very early short bulge), 4A's, a 5, and 6's, and this was down on what it cold have been with a couple of regulars in their moderns due to issues with their TR's that cropped up on the day.

Rod

Mark

The TR2 in Worthing will be mine, I'm working in Sussex for a year (doing a weekly commute from Yorkshire) and am using the TR as my daily driver for a couple of months whilst the weather is OK. I did bring it down earlier in the year, but sitting outside in all the rain we had April/May time did it no good at all.

It is surprisingly comfortable on the long trip up and down the M23/M25 and M1, not as quick as the modern car though obviously, However driving up on Tuesday night was a blast with the roof off, heater on low and the stars twinkling overhead.

I passed a member of the Goodwood group (i assume) in a red 4 or 5 heading south on the A24 as I headed north.

Andy

I have seen you driving round quite a bit lol. You see me waving in my light blue volvo amazon. I did see a green TR4 in worthing on Tuesday night as well.

I am finding there are a lot of car enthusiasts in worthing. Its great. I am hoping we will get a fair few cars in the meet on Saturday.

Hi Mark,

Yes there are a lot of us in/near Worthing.

The Green 4 was most likely belonging to Richard on his way to the Goodwood meeting.

There are a lot of cars in the area - the Storrington based Sadcase club is touching 500 members in little over 4 years I think, then there is the Southern Classics club, plus all the one make clubs, etc etc.

Rod