TR4 Bumpers

Due to the fact that my car was prepped for rally spec (i.e no bumpers) I have just splashed out on a complete set of new bumpers. While unpacking these I found that the rear over-riders have to small holes in them, obviously for some sort of lights. Can anyone tell me what lights these are? I thought they might be some sort of number plate illumination, but that is built into the boot handle.

If anyone has any ideas what I need to replace these I would be grateful :)

The overiders should have 2 small holes towards the top on the side nearest the centre of the car. The number plate lights go in there and are covered by 2 small domed chrome pieces.

Sounds like you need these pieces!  - there are pictures in "Original TR4,4a,5,250,6" book that will explain.

cheers

Ade:)

Yes they for the number plate lights if you run the car with no bumpers you need to fix some type off light on my car I have a nice little one off a beach buggy. You can buy new light they not that dear but the one I got were very poor quality think I got them form Rimmer so I would have a look befor you buy.Parts off the bumpers were misssing when I got my car and I have a lot off trouble getting the bracket that go on the botten off the over-riders mind you I think I going to leave the bumpers off that will make me drive it more as I be to frighten to try and park it

Good luck

Peter