Girdling slave cylinder

Remove it and inspect, noting the Girling slave cylinder fits forward of the mount flange. Photograph the internals so it goes back the same way. If perfect inside with no pitting in the walls or piston, then all it needs is a new internal rubber seal.and probably a new boot. The repair kit is 505704. If unavailable from a TR supplier, then a brake shop should be able to visually match the seal from a catalogue.

When re-assembling, the seal should be lubed (with brake fluid or brake assembly lube) and eased in so the sharp edges don't get damaged.

The clutch system needs patience to bleed, with the small internal reservoir in the fluid container kept topped up.

Viv

Same problem a couple of weeks ago on my 3. I just bought a new one from Rimmers for £25 or so. Not worth the hassle/risk of rebuilding it.

Bleeding did take slightly more effort than I thought it was going to but I got there in the end. Make sure you fit the cylinder with the bleed valve at the top. It will fit both ways so be careful.

I see from the picture you have a 3a so you will need the later cylinder.

Ian