Donington Park - 24-25 August

Oops, yes, the stress ECG too! And the Cardiologists report on it!

Jellison,

GT6? What GT6? That car below, Sir, is a Triumph Vitesse! And the picture is no bigger than many others proudly dislaying their motor here!

If you like, I'm the poor relation of the TR world, and proud of it. Been racing Vitesses for twenty years, sometimes in company with TRs, and you on occasion, I think, but at the other end of t'grid. The Vitesse offers several market opportunities that Triumph missed: the 2.5 Vitesse (done that), the Vitesse Estate (done that), The Vitesse Estate Superleggera (done that), the midengined, all-wheel-drive Vitesse Gran Turismo (haven't done that, but done some plans!).

But dreams won't help me now. I need a new engine! And a International C!

John

I believe we can get our club chairman or Secretary to vouch for us (i.e. signatures) based on us having the results sheets for the last few years all hosted and readily available (this is what I understood from chat with Hugo (CSCC)). Will run past Thoroughbreds Chairman and Sec.

John - definately NOT having a pop at the car. It just take up so much space on any thread per page.

I know you weren't !

I'm just glad there are some Triumphs stil racing and glad that they are TRs!

But have a look at the posts of Andrew Smith, graeme, Kevo-6, TR NIAL, etc.etc. My pic is no more 'in yer face' than they are!

John

Christian

You will like Road America. It is the longest road circuit in America at about 4.5 miles per lap.

I raced Keith Files 1963 Sebring TR4 there in 2007 in a support race to the Kastner Cup.

Unfortunately the throttle cable snapped on the 4th lap which prematurely ended my race but we had a great weekend!

Mike

We really hope for some UK guys to join us. We need 44 cars on the grid to get it paid to use the big track layout. We are about 30-35 so about 10 of you could join us.

BUT....you will need an international licence grade C.

There are HSCC and other series that do the GP layout on no more than a Nat B requirement ?

There are HSCC and other series that do the GP layout on no more than a Nat B requirement ?

True, but the TC is an international racing series and is doing more than one race outside its hosting country.

FIA made clear that ONLY international license holder can enter our races.

I had my TR6 out at Donington for the first time for 2 years. I was a bit rusty but enjoyed a brilliant race in the Thoroughbreds with Alan Charlton. I was also enjoying the Swinging 60s on Sunday - until the diff broke after 25 minutes!

It was good to see all the well prepared Continental cars.

I was also welcomed by Stephan Schamschula and Dieter ? in the German hospitality tent late on Friday night. Thanks for the beer chaps. I hope to see you all again some time.

Dave

You really do need some competition..... Some of those people are just out for an afternoon cruise!

Not to take anything away from you Chris.

Hmmm.....I didn't win any race that weekend and with several runs I was quite at the end of the grid.

So there should be enough competition :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hard luck Chris could see you were pumped up. As we've said before the driver in front claims the racing line but it would have been nice if Marcel (I think it was) could have allowed a little more leeway for you there.

I've had a "moment" there between myself and Colin Pendle in almost the same circumstances where I was the car in front.

Mick Richards

That was the one, ouch. You did manage to get out of the trap though didn't you ? i take it with marshals help

Thanks for showing it we all wonderd what had happend

Roy