Donington Park - 24-25 August

Hi Guys,

the continental racers are coming to England again.

Would be a great chance to meet you guys at the track lane.

The Triumph Competition will attend a Donington next month.

Non of us have ever driven there (except one) and it might be funny to watch how many difficulties we might have with this new track.

Cheers

Chris

I'm looking forward to seeing you and having a closer look at the German race cars

Donnington is a good circuit and fun to race on- you will enjoy it- How many races do you have over the weekend?

On the Sunday the Swinging Sixties are also there so it will be interesting to compare times.

weren't some of the cars over in Spa when you ran there earlier this year?

Regards

Michael

We will have a 30 min race on late Saturday and two 40 min races on Sunday.

The first one at 9.00 and the second after noon something.

Our grid will be 36 cars.

You are right. Our racing series were part of the Spa event of CSCC.

Seems that minimum 4 cars will enter the Thoroughbreds race. But I'm afraid we will be the backmarkers there.

Three maybe four races in a weekend!

To run a car for something like two to two and a half hours you must have very reliable cars and a lot of back up with spares. I remember that you had an oil pump keyway break and you were out in the next race.I assume the it was the steel drive shaft then broke, so it was out with the dizzy, out with the shaft - get the broken key out of the oil pump. New shaft - if you have one - which you did ! and the bolt it all to gether and time the distributor again. That assumes that you knew immediately what was wrong! Somebody is a very clever mechanic.

Do All the competitors enter all the races, or do you have a single entry policy whereby you enter all the races at the weekend in one go automatically?

Regards

Mcihael Hunter

The people of Triumph Competition will enter the 3 races we have booked.

But to make the long way to England more reasonable some drivers will also enter other races.

I will do Thoroughbreds and CSCC swinging 6ties.

5 races and 3 qualy sessions. Big job for the car.

Edited by MadMarx

Do All the competitors enter all the races, or do you have a single entry policy whereby you enter all the races at the weekend in one go automatically?

We do it a little bit different than many other racing series. With Triumph Competition you normally enter for the whole season for discount price.

This year the season cost 2499€.

You get:

Zandvoort - 3 races

Spa - 2 races

Zolder - 2 races

Assen - 3 races

Donington - 3 races

Nürburgring - 3 races

In total: 16 races - 2499 / 16 = 156€ per race

You also can enter each event individually but then the price is depending of the event between 600 - 800€ - much higher.

We are doing this for 20 years now and it seems to work great.

Cheers

Chris

Hello Chris,

I should be there on Saturday for the "Thorobreds" race in TR6 No 57, so should see you and the other "Triumph Competition" people. If you have never been to Donington, I am sure you will love the circuit.

By the way, many years ago(1996?), I raced with "Triumph Competition" at Zolder - great fun!!

We actually had a small group of 3 German TR's from the Triumph Competition series race with us at Donington Park in 1995 in the TR Register Race Championship.

They were Dieter Seidel(TR4), Peter Spaeth(TR4) and Reiner Reinhardt(TR3A) and we allowed them to enter as a ' one off ' in class C for Tuned 4 cylinder cars.

They thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and Dieter actually won the class although we had to amend the results later on as we found out that they were running more modified than we allowed at the time in that class.

There should be a number of UK TR's entered that weekend both in the Thoroughbred race on the Saturday and the 2 Swinging 60's races on the Sunday.

The Swinging 60's races will be split into Group 1 for TR2/3/4 and Group 2 for TR5/6. The TR7s will be entered in the Future Classics race on the Saturday.

Rob Cowing(TR6) and myself(TR5) are entered in a 2 car/2 driver race in Group 2 and will look forward to meeting you Christian at that weekend.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Dieter Seidel will come again. He had his first rolling out at Zolder and after he has sorted his car he will be at Donington again.

I think I'm sorted to Group 1, but would prefer Group 2 though.

Chris

Chris

Stick with Group 1. Based on Brians suggested lap times for you at Donington a 1.25 sec lap time would certainly get you a top 3 place in Group 1 whereas a 1.24 sec

lap would probably only be good enough for a top 6/8 place in Group 2!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent TR entry at this meeting:-

Saturday.

Thoroughbred Sports Car. 2 x TR4, 1 x TR250 and 4 x TR6's.

Future Classics. 1 x TR7V8

Triumph Competition & British GT. 3 x TR3, 8 x TR4, 1 x TR250 and 1 x TR6.

Sunday.

Triumph Competition & British GT . As above. 2 races.

Swinging 60's Group 1. 4 x TR4 and 1 x Vitesse.

Swinging 60's Group 2. 1 x TR5 and 4 x TR6.

See you there???

Mike

Hope that the continental racers don't be too far behind you guys.

In year 2008 I was a Brands Hatch and ruined my engine on the last race.

I filled up fuel at the paddock pump and didn't notice that it was only 95 octane (who sells pinking water on a race track?).

9 laps later two liners were cracked and 3 pistons melted.

Hope I have better luck this time.

Hope that the continental racers don't be too far behind you guys.

In year 2008 I was a Brands Hatch and ruined my engine on the last race.

I filled up fuel at the paddock pump and didn't notice that it was only 95 octane (who sells pinking water on a race track?).

9 laps later two liners were cracked and 3 pistons melted.

Hope I have better luck this time.

Silverstone had 105 octane on pump thelast time I was there!

No idea what Dony offers, but Shell V-power from public service stations is 99.

John

I'd have thought that our German friends bringing a round of their TR race championship to Donington would rate as a more than significant TR event, something to be highlighted in TR Action and on the website . . . .

Especially given the number of UK TRs in other races over both days.

Presumably not . . . I may be missing something but I can't see so much as a mention . . . . in the mag or on the website.

What sort of prioritising is that ?

Cheers

Alec

Anyone know where I can find the entry list?? I can find the schedule of races etc....

Tom